• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

taking your own childs pics vs professional

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 54 Replies
So its a beautiful day today and for some reason I wanna take the kids to the park dressed cute and take their pictures!its a beautiful park and thought it would be cool!do you ladies take your own childrens pictures or do you hire someone...as far as staging them.I have all these ideas running and wanna make it happen lol !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSulli2005
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I take some myself but only outdoor because my camera doesn't do well indoors (like most) otherwise my sil does since she's a pro and has lights and what not set up in her basement. She taught me some basic tricks on her editing program so I use that all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylor.gibson74
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Yea I was just thinking outside!!the lighting with the sun is uaully so good I was just taking random pics off the kids abd some turned out really good!!

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

I take some myself but only outdoor because my camera doesn't do well indoors (like most) otherwise my sil does since she's a pro and has lights and what not set up in her basement. She taught me some basic tricks on her editing program so I use that all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSulli2005
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I love outdoor pics, especially on cloudy days and evenings. My camera retracts sunlight pretty bad unless it's shaded so I get a lot of sunbeams otherwise.

Quoting Taylor.gibson74:

Yea I was just thinking outside!!the lighting with the sun is uaully so good I was just taking random pics off the kids abd some turned out really good!!

Quoting MamaSulli2005:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I bet your pictures will be totally great, even without being professional.

Sometimes professionals over-stage, you know? Sometimes the best pictures are accidental, or totally unprofessional lol.

And yeah, with cute outfits and good lighting, I think they can often be just as good.

lillucky8
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM
I do my own, ive never had pro pics done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I take my own, I don't stage them though, I just take lots of pictures of him!

vegepunkstr
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I do my own and I am learning to be a professional. If you want to take some great pics of your kids the best time to do it is right before sunset with their back to the sun or if you want to do them during daytime try to find some open shade. Watch your backgrounds to make sure they arent too cluttered.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

bchic24
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM

We do our own! Since we're both photographers.

lauracb10
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I take Bentley's pictures everywhere we go... Yes we do professionals as well, for occasions, but in general I take his pictures.

livanded
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM
I take pics myselfi have had them done before but I like it better when I can do them when my kids aare into it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)