Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

baby getting outta diaper at night?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 16 Replies

its happened twice now. my son likes to sleep in just his diaper at night since we live in the south and its hot. plus he gets heat rash so its good for his skin to get some air. but he keeps getting outta his diaper. each time when get him up in the morning theres poop lol. thank god for bleach, lysol . so im gonna put him in his shorts for bed or onsies although i hate restricting his skin since hes so sensitive.

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauracb10
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

you could get a diaper cover... so it goes just over the diaper so you are not restricting his skin!

abra
by Abra on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this
sometimes putting the diaper on backwards solves that problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

how old is he?

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with others... you can try a onsie, a diaper cover, or putting diaper on backwards... 

Let us know what works!  :-) 

CrimsonGrace
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Put it on backwards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmyG1976
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

i dont think a onsie would be too much even when its hot clothing often helps cool ppl anyway. BUTTT some babies and pull on the snaps and get them undone I would do a diaper on backwards and a onsie at the same time just to deture him and try to get into the room earlier and earlier maybe set an alarm and hr earlier just to try to catch him before he gets up and gets it off.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"   MLK
~A wife of 14 years to B mommy of 16 years to J, 11 year old D, 9 year old M, and our miracle baby born at 26 weeks J 5 years.           http://www.freewebs.com/sacredjourneys/index.htm

Daeraelle
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Diaper covers work the best for us. My DD can even figure it out if it's backwards, if she can reach those tabs, it's diaper off. She hasn't figured out how to take her diaper cover or pants off so if she can't get the diaper tabs, we're safe.

Is he pooping through the night and then taking it off or is he taking it off and then pooping on himself? How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:28 AM

1) put vaseline in that area, which will create a waterproof barrier and prevent the rashes or he may be allergic to that particular brand

2) put them on backwards, which will make it more difficult or put underwear on over the diaper.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:27 AM

onesie or the diaper on backwards always worked for us.

mommy_4509
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM
They sell cloth like covers almost like underwear . Try that over his diaper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)