Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nap help

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son won't sleep during the day for any more than 20 min.......any one have any tips on how I can get him to sleep longer? I swaddle him any time he goes to sleep, other wise he sleeps for like 5 min
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
how old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM
2 mths, sorry, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommiofalilboy
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

hm white noise fan ext. maybe swing,bouncer. my ds is 4 months and takes naps in the swing.sometimes babies just take cat naps throughout the day :) good luck

abra
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM
could be a growth spurt. has he always slept that way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libby261
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Does he have problems with colic or reflux?  You could try raising the mattress a bit to see if it will help or letting him sleep in his carrier.  Have you tried carrying him in a sling or just hold him?  He's really practically brand new and should be sleeping close to 18 hrs in a 24hr period.  He also might have sleep apnea caused by a deviated septum. You should have his doc check him out.

LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Hm funny that you would say sleep apnea, his dad has it, and a deviated septum.....oh and they both have reflux

Quoting libby261:

Does he have problems with colic or reflux?  You could try raising the mattress a bit to see if it will help or letting him sleep in his carrier.  Have you tried carrying him in a sling or just hold him?  He's really practically brand new and should be sleeping close to 18 hrs in a 24hr period.  He also might have sleep apnea caused by a deviated septum. You should have his doc check him out.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Yep, since he was born, he just started sleeping better at night, but he gets so cranky during the day bc he's tired but won't sleep

Quoting abra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libby261
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting LovelyLauren55:

Yep, since he was born, he just started sleeping better at night, but he gets so cranky during the day bc he's tired but won't sleep

Quoting abra:

How 'bout trying a nice warm bath with mom?  

NicholeLoraine
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM
My 2 mo is the same way here lately
She sleeps great in the car and is cranky any other way but she sleeps amazing at night time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GE1
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM

My DS sleeps better when I take him on some sort on an outing even just to the library which is like a block away. If we get stuck at home when it's rainy or cold then he won't nap and will be over tired and cranky all night

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)