Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice please.... need to know what are important milestones for a one year old.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well my son just turned one last week and his one year checkup this weekend and i am worried that he hasn't reached any of his milestones for a one year old. he doesn't talk anymore, hasn't done this since about february, he used to say mom mom, and dadda. but he says neither right now. he crlaws around everywhere but is not walking yet. he still only eats baby food, like from the jars, he won't eat anything that he has to chew yet, it always makes him chock, I've tried this before recently with no luck. i

I'm worried that they are going to say he's behind. so ladies what are the important one year old milestones, like things they should be doing?

please no bashing, i'm just being a worried mother is all.

well thanks ladies..

confused

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kat1127
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM

BUMP!

gomomgomom
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Don't worry that's all normal. None of my kids were waking before one. The eating thing is normal too all kids are different. My youngest is 13 months and just started eating table foods. The talking thing is normal too. They usually stop saying the words and start babbling again playing with all the sounds. No worries momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat1127
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quoting gomomgomom:

Don't worry that's all normal. None of my kids were waking before one. The eating thing is normal too all kids are different. My youngest is 13 months and just started eating table foods. The talking thing is normal too. They usually stop saying the words and start babbling again playing with all the sounds. No worries momma.

well i'm not that worried about the walking thing and i know that every child is different but it just seems odd tha the stopped talking like that.... but ok... and yeah i thought maybe the whole food thing was cause where he was born a month early exactly. but ok thanks hun...

larissalarie
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I think as long as he's progressing in. some way, he's fine.
My older 2 walked & talked before their first birthday, but my youngest didn't. He's 14 months now and walking well and suddenly his vocabulary is exploding. He just didn't want to until the last month or so. It was obvious he understood things though and could climb anything, so I would try to reassure myself. I know it's hard not to worry, but try to look at what he has figured out :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat1127
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Quoting larissalarie:

I think as long as he's progressing in. some way, he's fine.
My older 2 walked & talked before their first birthday, but my youngest didn't. He's 14 months now and walking well and suddenly his vocabulary is exploding. He just didn't want to until the last month or so. It was obvious he understood things though and could climb anything, so I would try to reassure myself. I know it's hard not to worry, but try to look at what he has figured out :-)

Well thanks... yeah he progressing or he has some he hasn't done anything new in a long time. however he did try to stand today for a few seconds. and at times it dose seem like he understands me when i call his name or when i tell him stop doing something, you know small simple things like that. so yeah i guess he is making progress.

idk maybe i'm just being a worrisome first time mom...

thanks ladies... smile mini

saltyalley1227
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM
He sounds just perfect.

My friends daughter barely crawled, didn't pull herself up or walk, or talk, or chew until she was 13-16 months old. My son did all of that by 11 months. My niece didn't walk until 18 months. All are totally normal healthy kids. Every kid is different. He sounds like he's doing fine. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat1127
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting saltyalley1227:

He sounds just perfect.

My friends daughter barely crawled, didn't pull herself up or walk, or talk, or chew until she was 13-16 months old. My son did all of that by 11 months. My niece didn't walk until 18 months. All are totally normal healthy kids. Every kid is different. He sounds like he's doing fine. :)

thanks...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)