Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diaper Change Help Please!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM
  • 26 Replies

My 8 month old HATES diaper changes. Crying, screaming, rolling over and crawling away. I know he just wants to be naked and I try to let him be free as much as possible. Can anyone give me some advice on how to get him to stay still for that 1 minute so I can get the diaper on?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SundayXC
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Just be persistent. Tell him "No, you sit still" sternly. My son was the exact same way. I just made him sit still. Put his legs down straight, and when he tried rolling over, I would roll him back, it took awhile, but he got it and quit.

NicholeLoraine
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Start potty training
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandy85412
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM
My DD cryed forever about diaper changes nothing worked just do it quick as you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM
This is what we did

Quoting SundayXC:

Just be persistent. Tell him "No, you sit still" sternly. My son was the exact same way. I just made him sit still. Put his legs down straight, and when he tried rolling over, I would roll him back, it took awhile, but he got it and quit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Ds does this but now he thinks it's funny when I tell him no and he's wiggling around
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GavinsMom101310
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM
At 8 months old?

Quoting NicholeLoraine:

Start potty training

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crystalplus1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I pin my son down....and work fast

GavinsMom101310
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I sat down in the floor and laid him in front of me and put my feet on his shoulders. Only enough pressure to hold him still when he tried to roll over. He got the hint and very rarely tries that now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SundayXC
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Completely off topic, my DH's name is Wesley! I never see it anywhere, very cool haha

Quoting wesleysmom08:

This is what we did

Quoting SundayXC:

smwilliams
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM
My son hated diaper changes when he was a newborn , so I sang to him and said funny words and laughed, now he just thinks being changed is funny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)