Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i be concerned?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son is 3 months old and has been sleeping and eating pretty weird. Last night he took a 3oz bottle at around 1am and then took another ounce at around 4am, he then sleeps from 4am to 5pm and took a 6oz bottle, it is now 10:30pm here and he hasn't woken back up for a bottle. He has been sleeping all day, he will wake up and open his eyes and look around and then fall back to sleep. Should I be concerned with this? My oldest never slept for more than a few hours at a time until he was 18 months old.

Mother-
[Muth-er] noun
One person who does the work for twenty. For free.
(see also "masochist", and a "saint"

All mothers are rich when they love their children. There are no poor mothers, no ugly ones, no old ones. Their love is always the most beautiful of joys." ~Maurice Maeterlinck

Coley & Trevor's Mommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
C8Baxter
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
He will awake when he's hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

My son slept through the night starting at 6 weeks (10-12 hr nights). Every child is different. Sounds like me you have a day sleeper! 

NicholeLoraine
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM
I'd def talk to the pediatrician about that
I know when I first brought my lo home I had to wake her to feed her every 3-4 hrs and let her sleep at night because she was so little and would sleep all day if i let her, it helped her to sleep longer nights early
Now she is a healthy weight and the dr is ok with her sleeping long periods of time
So as long as your lo is healthy and a healthy weight then I wouldn't worry
Would just try to get him on a better sleep schedule so you can sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

same here.

Quoting crabtreemommy:

My son slept through the night starting at 6 weeks (10-12 hr nights). Every child is different. Sounds like me you have a day sleeper! 

coleyandtrevor
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 PM
As much as I love sleep that seems like a very very long time. Lately he will sleep for about 9 hours at night without waking for a bottle but will eat every 3 hours during the day. For him to sleep for 13 hours eat (I had to wake him up) and then go straight back to sleep for 6 hours and counting worries me. He doesn't seem to be sick or anything so I'm really confused.
joci2203
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yep

Quoting lauratupper:

same here.

Quoting crabtreemommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)