Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has had the gardasil vaccine? *EDIT!*

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
  • 88 Replies
2 moms liked this
I was diagnosed with HPV during my pregnancy and i have heard the gardasil vaccine can help reduce the risk of HPV turning into cervical cancer. my husband is telling me it will only make me sick and maybe kill me but i need the opinions of women. have you had it? and do you feel like it was worth it?

*update*
thank you all for your responses! i plan on consulting my OB to see if it would be beneficial. a lot of you said i need to consult a dr and you're right. but thanks again for everyones imput!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tlu92
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Nope I haven't. But here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Vaccines "work" to prevent diseases. They can do nothing after the fact. If you already have it there's no use in gettin the vaccine because it will do nothing for it. It is suppose to help prevent you from catching hpv which can turn into cervical cancer. It does not help from hpv turning into cancer it is just supposed to help you not get hpv in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrstheriault
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

i had it. doc forced it on me. no side effects, i just hadn't wanted to pay for it when i didn't have insurance. i never went back to that doc. but yeah, it was done oh... 3 years ago now? something like that. 

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I would never get that vaccine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

ohh i must of read wrong. well then i guess that made my decision. thanks :)

Quoting novachick:

Vaccines "work" to prevent diseases. They can do nothing after the fact. If you already have it there's no use in gettin the vaccine because it will do nothing for it. It is suppose to help prevent you from catching hpv which can turn into cervical cancer. It does not help from hpv turning into cancer it is just supposed to help you not get hpv in the first place.

joci2203
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting tlu92:

Nope I haven't. But here's a bump.

ChelleBoo23
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I've had it.. no side effects.

tm88rn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM
4 moms liked this
I have not had it, and I won't. Neither will my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GracelynJoysMom
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:02 AM
I had it years ago when it first came out. No side effects or anything. In my opinion it would be beneficial for you to get it but everyone is different. Good luck!,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I never got it. I too had hpv, but it cleared up by itself in like a year, like most cases [if I remember correctly].
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)