Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

how long did your baby use a paci?

Posted by   + Show Post
My little one is only 4 months but she is so attached to it already lol. I have a feeling its gonna be hard to break the binky attachment when she gets older. How long did your baby use one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
imani24
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Hiii my name is imani and im new to this site but my lil girl is only 6 months and she doesnt really want the paci i try to get her on it but when i do give it to her she always spits it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
one_on_the_way
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

2 yrs 8 months.

He stopped when I lost the last one he had.  I told him 'I think the paci fairy came and took it to the babies who need it'.

There were moments of him wanting it and me wishing I had it.....but I was NOT going to buy another one.

In the end, the 'trauma' of going without wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  Of course, my 'goal' was to have him off his paci at 18 months, but I didn't make a big deal about it. 

It isn't always about when 'they' are ready.......but about when the parent is ready.

At 2 yrs 8 mths I was ready to not deal with it anymore.  Prior to that, letting him have it was okay.

He did WAY better than I thought he would....which makes me wonder if I could have been ready much earlier!

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:13 PM
ds 18 months
dd 2years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libby261
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I let my daughter decide when she was ready to give it up. I was 4 when I had mine taken away from me and I still remember how awful it was.  By the time she was 5, though I told her she could only use it at home and by 7 I was beginning to wonder if she would be taking them to college.  I told her when they wore out I wasn't buying any more.  She told me that was ok, she'd go to the store and buy them.   Finally somewhere around 7 and 8 she lost it.  She'd been sleeping with them only the last few years by this time, but she was quite upset.  I helped her look for it, but no luck. I laid down with her rubbing her back as she sobbed herself to sleep.  We went thru the same thing the next night.  On the third night, the mourning was over and she went to sleep without tears.  When her pacifier finally showed up about a month later, she told me to throw it away.

My feelings about pacifiers and children is this: children only have a couple of things to help them deal with stress --pacifiers and lovies.  We adults have cigerettes, alcohol, tranqualizers, antidpressants, illegal drugs.  So, I'm not going to take them away from them when they still need them.  

wonderwomanT08
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM
My first it was 3 yrs. With my second 6 months. I learned my lesson
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:01 PM

We don't use them, bump!

Blablablanca
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:22 PM
My son is four months and 2 weeks. He was soooooo attached to it at first but he let go of it on his own :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
DS1 3
DS2 2.5
DS3 5mo(He's 7.5mo now, I think it has to do with him breastfeeding.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by April on Apr. 28, 2012 at 3:51 AM

dd didn't want anything to do with it after 3 months

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:03 PM

My son only used his for 7 months...and then he just gave it up on his own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN