Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Mamas who vaccinate...(NOT a vac/no vac debate!)

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 107 Replies
My son is going in for his two month shots in May. He got the hepatitis B vaccine at birth.

Are there any vaccines you initially refused? Did you delay any?

This is my first baby...I'm sure I want to vaccinate but not sure about the details!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by Abra on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I only allow 2 shots at any given appointment (one in each leg), simply for babies comfort. I only do the basic ones (MMR, Hep B, Chicken pox)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daeraelle
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
The only time my daughter had more than one or two shots at an appointment was at her one year appointment. Simply for the area we live in with high illegal immigrant populations, a nearby seaport, and an international air port, we get all of her vaccinations. They will talk to you and give you information to read about all the shots before hand, so if you have any questions or would like to delay them you can talk to them about it. I'm sure you could go to your pediatrician and get a shot schedule, which ones they give when, and my doctor has information packets on each vaccination. You could probably go pick up the information at the office before the appointment, study and think over it for a few days and get questions and worries on each of them and discuss with the doctor at the appointment. That way you can make sure you have made the best decision for your family, instead of making a quick decision in the office a few minutes before the shots are supposed to be given.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM
i dont delay vax's...except the flu if i feel they dont need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
I gave dd all of hers except for the flu, h1n1, mmr, and chicken pox. I plan to delay this next baby's shots a little more. I'm not going to do any shots in the hospital.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
4 moms liked this

We don't vaccinate at all.

Whether you're going to fully vaccinate, delay or not vaccinate at all - it's extremely important that you do your research beforehand. You can always give them later, but you can't take them back.

Good luck!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387292_2884772599754_1273299282_33296172_1842233479_n.jpg

mymanben
by Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I do them all. 

super_mom_5
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM

i have given all of my kids all the vaccinations. it makes enrolling them in to school a lot easier and so much of a fight if they need to go to a daycare.

Mrs.Miller11
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont vaccinate my kids at all. However, if you are not fully informed, I highly suggest that you delay until you can research. My other suggestions include giving only one vaccine at a time (which is different than one shot, since most are combo vaxs) and to not give any tylenol or motrin before hand, as it can mask any kind of reaction your child may have. Good luck

ejbljb
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I do all except the flu shots. 

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2012 at 4:49 PM
This.

Quoting Randi02:

We don't vaccinate at all.

Whether you're going to fully vaccinate, delay or not vaccinate at all - it's extremely important that you do your research beforehand. You can always give them later, but you can't take them back.

Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN