Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I WANT MY OLD BODY BACK!

Posted by   + Show Post

I had my sweet little lady almost five months ago, and I just moved from Colorado to North Carolina. I have been on a low carb diet, and exercising when ever I find the time. I'm a stay at home Mommy and it seems like I'm not loosing any of my baby weight and so now I turn to you all... What all did you guys do to get rid of your baby weight???? 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
SOCO101
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:52 AM

DD's 18 month, and I don't think I'll every completely loose my pooch.

RileyMom9.10.11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:55 AM
Where in nc? That's where I live!

Quoting NCMOMMIE18:

I had my sweet little lady almost five months ago, and I just moved from Colorado to North Carolina. I have been on a low carb diet, and exercising when ever I find the time. I'm a stay at home Mommy and it seems like I'm not loosing any of my baby weight and so now I turn to you all... What all did you guys do to get rid of your baby weight???? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaelle88
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 6:58 AM
I lost more weight during my pregnancy, right now -10.2lbs, then i have non pregnant...and why because during pregnancy i eat breakfast which regulates my metabolism.

I had to do a good guide last year (wasn't pregnant then) and my doctor went over my guide to see where my eating habits went wrong, though i wasn't consuming the recommended amount of calories, i to wasn't eating breakfast thus everything i ate went to me instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Biancas_Mommy19
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I have lost most of my baby weight i still have like 5 pounds to go , but i still feel like my body is not the same. I dont have a belly pouch i got lucky with that but there are certain things that have changed. My breasts arn't as perky as they use to which really bothers me. Before i had huge ones and now they are so depressing ! Also , I'm having a hard time toning up my thigh area. No matter what toning exercises i do that are suppose to target that area they still look like tree trunks ! My hips are huge now too. I think when you have a baby there are certain things that are never going to bounce back to how they use to be.

CafeMom Tickers
JBbean
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Mine is also 5 months, still 10 lbs on me! Seems near impossible to get the rest off lol

mishlerdr24
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm feeling your pain momma! My son is the same age as your daughter. I been watching what I eat, no pop just water, and I've been trying to walk but the weather is very sucky here in Indiana! And to top it off bikini season is right around the corner and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about putting a bathing suit on! ugh! 

momto2girls89
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Me too!

Quoting JBbean:

Mine is also 5 months, still 10 lbs on me! Seems near impossible to get the rest off lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coralbeth
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Breastfeeding knocked that weight off quick. But I stopped at 3 months and had an extra 5 lbs or so ever since. Ironically I got back to my pre-baby weight when dd hit 19 mo, and right after I got pregnant. I'm now pushing 155, 3 days till my due date. Before kids, I was typically 122, my ideal weight is 115.

My workout plan: I'm going to work on my PE credits for college this summer. Hopefully that helps. My class requires 18 Minutes/day minimum of circuit training. IE switching back and forth between weights and cardio machines. After that, it's whatever I want to do in the gym. I can go whenever I want, up to 2 hrs per day. I have 1 campus class, so I plan to go at least 4 hrs/week for 5 weeks. If that doesn't get me back to my dream dress size, idk what will.

BTW...strength training boosts your metabolism. So maybe try to incorporate that more.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Me too!
(and breastfeed, but I don't know if that really helps)

Quoting LynLyn2:

ALL I listening to tunesDO IS RUN !!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PTK11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Do you use a jogging stroller or a carrier? I can't decide if I should invest in a jogging stroller and hope that I can start running again or if I should get a carrier (I can not freaking figure out my wraps!!!) and start with fast walking and hope that a carrier will allow me to job...

Quoting larissalarie:

Me too!
(and breastfeed, but I don't know if that really helps)

Quoting LynLyn2:

ALL I listening to tunesDO IS RUN !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)