Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breastfeeding mommas UNITE

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 79 Replies
5 moms liked this
Thought we needed a spin off on the formula post since actually in the US breastfeeding is more taboo than formula feeding. My 8week old ds pediatrician is so happy I'm breastfeeding. She said not hardly enough women here(Alabama) do it. It's sad too...some of my friends ask me what formula he is on when they hear he has acid reflux...I'm like really!?!?!?! I love that my son gets what is natural and healthy for him. I also love the bonding time we have while he's nursing. I ff my other 2 children so I DO know both sides. Post what you love about breastfeeding or anything you want but.........
No bashing posts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperMom2433
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha..love it!
I happen to live in a pro bfing town. A lot of moms formula feed but bfing is not frowned upon. I am very comfortable nip here. Actually Ive gotten comfortable nip everywhere but especially here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this

I love the bonding time, the fact that it reduces chances of respiratory and intestinal illnesses in the early months, that it provides them immunological benefits, and it reduces my risks of type II diabetes and breast cancers.

I love that my children are healthy and independent and not clingy at all (contrary to popular belief that it makes them more dependent, the opposite is actually true)

louzannalady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
3 moms liked this

I love knowing that DS has a lessened risk of diabetes, cancer, food allergies, dying of SIDS, digestive problems, ear infections and obesity. : ) I love snuggling as he nursed to sleep. I love that I have reduced risks for breast cancer, now that I have nursed. : ) I love the weight loss from nursing! : ) I love having more time to spend with the kids playing and teaching and talking with them, than if I was always cleaning bottles and boiling water and such!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM

The only thing I have loved about BF is the little quirks my son has while nursing and seeing how much he loves nursing, and also the fact that it's FREE. I don't feel anymore bonded with him than I did with my son who I only BF for 2 weeks before giving up(for emotional/educational reasons). I feel like FF is much easier but I am too lazy to deal with the head ache that would be weaning to switch to formula...Plus, my little dude cannot afford to lose weight...He's too small now so losing anything would be a bad idea and he'd lose a lot before finally giving in to using formula. I know it's better too so that's my biggest deciding factor...Next baby, whenever I get pregnant again, will also be breastfed unless I have too many issues and deem it necessary for our situation to switch to formula.

Javamama619
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM
2 moms liked this

I love the ease and convience of it don't have to pack any bottles, formula or bottles water, just latch an go

Sama2Mamma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Good job ladies keep the awesome posts coming! Extra kudos for all the great facts and info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
McM0609
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:07 PM
This is why i started bf'ding. i had GD when i was pregnant and the diabetes class said bf reduces bby gtg it as a child and teenager so that did it for me. and as i started researching that it had many beneficials for me. I love it, i ff my daughter and regert it.

Quoting emkirkley:

I love the bonding time, the fact that it reduces chances of respiratory and intestinal illnesses in the early months, that it provides them immunological benefits, and it reduces my risks of type II diabetes and breast cancers.

I love that my children are healthy and independent and not clingy at all (contrary to popular belief that it makes them more dependent, the opposite is actually true)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I had GD with my last two pregnancies...so yeah, using it to off-set that is one benefit for me as well...but there is so much it does for us and them.

Quoting McM0609:

This is why i started bf'ding. i had GD when i was pregnant and the diabetes class said bf reduces bby gtg it as a child and teenager so that did it for me. and as i started researching that it had many beneficials for me. I love it, i ff my daughter and regert it.

Quoting emkirkley:

Mom to three beautiful girls

McM0609
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Yea, i love it. And to see that hes growing and is healthy because of me soo worth it.

Quoting emkirkley:

I had GD with my last two pregnancies...so yeah, using it to off-set that is one benefit for me as well...but there is so much it does for us and them.

Quoting McM0609:

Quoting emkirkley:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louzannalady
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Oh! I love the fact that I was able to take DS to Washington and Montana from Texas for three weeks, to met my Dad, sister and my in-laws when he was three months.  I just took off my shoes, plopped our two small bags on the conveyor belt and walked us through the metal detector thing and they nodded at us and off we went on our merry way! The people ahead of me in line at the security screening area had formula and they had SOOO much hassle and were still being tested and sorted out as DS and walked to our gate. If we had not made that trip, my MIL would have never met our son, she died a month after we left!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)