Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When did your baby start crawling?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hi everyone i was just wondering when your baby or babies started to crawl my daughter is 7 months and she just wants to roll everywhere and doesnt really want to try to crawl yet and was just curious is she a little behind on this. although i am not rushing this in any way i want her to stay little forever lol but we all know that cant happen. :)

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM
Older two at 6 months, youngest did a word hybrid scoot crawl thing st 7 months, but didn't really crawl normally til 9 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM
5 months for my son. She is not behind at all. Average is like 6 to 11 months or something like that, and some kids never crawl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebekahmuse
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Right when he turned 6 months. He was rocking and acting like he was going to at 5, but it wasn't until a couple days after he turned 6 months that he did it.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM

My first was 6.5 months, my second was 5.5 months, my third crawled right at 6 months--this is NOT normal...normal is more like 8 months and should be mastered about 10 months (that means the END of the 10th month)--however, with the back to sleep campaign many children crawl later or don't crawl at all.

Mom to three beautiful girls

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Around 5-6 months, walking around 9.

All kids are different though!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387292_2884772599754_1273299282_33296172_1842233479_n.jpg

Sept-babies2
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM

i must be doing something wrong then because she cant even sit up on her own without support yet but she can roll everywhere. 

MFountaine
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Are you giving her plenty of floor time? I've noticed when I give my 6 month old more time on the floor he tries to crawl around. I used to just have him in his bumbo or his Johnny jumper cuz I was afraid he would get hurt on the wood floors. But then I realized he wasn't wanting to sit up on his own so I started putting him on the floor against my legs and he finally got the hang of it about 2 weeks. Now he can roll back and forth and even gets up in his knees and rocks. I'm thinking he will start crawling within the next month tho. Every child goes at their own pace, my oldest was crawling at 5 1/2 months walking at 8 months and talking at 13 months. I was an early starter too. Just give her time and she will get it, if you have concerns about development ask her doctor. But if you ask me I think she's doing fine. :) keep up the great work momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM

sitting mastery is an END of the 7th month skill...so if your baby was born say December 8th, then the end of the 7th month would be August 7th. (don't know your child's bday).

and every child is different...my kids hit physical milestones early, my brother's kids hit them late (9 months sitting, 17 months walking, one of his 3 never crawled)

Sept-babies2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM

well my son started crawling at lke 4 months he wanted to do everthing on his own and started walking at like ten months..but i just took her to the doctors and he sad said something about my daughter having bowed legs and i think it might be a reason why she cant get her knees up. the doctor said it would go away after she started to walk..thats why i was concerned cuz my son did everything so soon i was amazed then she just rolls everywhere doesnt really try hard to crawl yet. and she was born sept 22 so maybe she will start crawling soon who knows its not something im that worried about cuz shes rolling everyhwere and getting into stuff and i can only imagine when she starts crawling lol.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My almost 8 month old doesn't roll, sit up(he's working on it), and is nowhere close to crawling.

My first didn't crawl until 9 months and my second didn't crawl until 13 months. Every kid is different:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)