Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

She loves her bath but hates after, is there something I am doing wrong?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 3 months old. She loves bath time but every single time I go to dry her off and dress her after she screams and screams and screams. Big sad tears out of her eyes and everything. I tried keeping her wrapped in the towel to dry, letting her air dry, getting her dressed asap after getting her out and still she acts like I am murdering her.

Is it something I am missing or doing wrong? I feel so bad that she is this upset after tubby time. I just want to make it easier on her because it breaks my heart to hear her that upset.

Thanks in advance!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM
It's a phase. My son did this. He outgrew it.

Also, is she tired? My son (6 months) will still cry if he's really tired. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Dd did that. She wanted back in the water so bad. Finally after she figured out she wasn't going in she stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM
She may just love bath time! DD always did that and she still does at 10mo. She wants to stay in the water and splash and play!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mutedsapphire
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:13 AM
DS does that after bathtimes, too. He's very active, though, so I think he just doesn't like being held down for the lotion and the dressing. I can't let go of him for a second or he's gone before I can catch him lol...also, it's close to bedtime and he's tired and cranky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishlerdr24
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM
My son does the same thing!! It was a lot worst when he was about that age, now he's only 5 1/2 months but still it's a little better now than it was a couple months ago. Does she scream harder when you Loition her up or something else? Cause my son cries more when i put lotion on him when he's laying on his back. So i roll his naked butt on his stomach and lotion him up that way, roll him back put his diaper on and just have his tummy and face to do real quick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Nope just a phase...mine gets really mad now when he has to get out...arching back and everything but he is almost 11 months old

xomrs.chase
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Lol ds does that! He has so much fun in the tub and he HATES getting out!! Hahaha
He's almost 5mo old
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H.Unger
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:49 AM

I don't use lotion on her, my doctor told me her skin was fine and it wasn't needed so I didn't bother.

I guess it is either a phase or she just hates leaving the water. Thanks so much ladies, I hate having her cry the big cry but I feel less like I am doing something wrong now. <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN