Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do u have sex?? tmi

Posted by   + Show Post
So I just had my first and my sex hormones are in over drive DF and I wanna try but I feel horrible if I leave Takoda in another room alone. DF tried explaining to me that he could be in our room in his make shift room we have but I feel weird even thinking about making love with him in the room. Does anyone have some advice for me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
alexsmomma06
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 2:26 AM

SO and I have had sex while each one of our girls were in the room, when they were babies. We would wait until they had been asleep for several hours, and they never woke up at all. Is there a way to hang a curtain or divide the room somehow to make sure you have some private space?

nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Quoting ConnorMom228:

It's awkward at first because you aren't used to the idea of having a baby in the house with you. Me and df don't usually do it if ds is in te same room. We may start out, fooling around, but then we move to another room. We just make sure he's asleep and safe where he's at. You don't have to have sex in your room. There's the bathroom. The kitchen. The living room. Get creative.

That's what I'm saying...plus some of my kids are older so I can put them in the kitchen for snack time and then there is someone to keep an eye on the younger ones.

Angeldolphine
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM

LOL, make up your mind. Do you care more if he is in another room, the same room or would you rather ignore your sexual urges and the intimacy with your husband? Your going to have to make up your mind which is more important to you, and then do it.  Our apartment is very small. I can go in the living room and still hear him or go in my room. We put him in his playpen to sleep or if he is on our bed, we go to the couch or the floor. We've even put him in a bouncer with Sesame street and  did it in our room before.

Lani-mommi
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Like ever

Quoting mama-smurf:

Idk I wouldn't have sex with baby in the room. I would wait til baby asleep or something but that's just me. Sex isn't important to me and I don't do it unless we are TTC

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Biancas_Mommy19
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:47 AM

We have no choice because our daughters crib is in our room and we live with other people. We make sure shes asleep and then go at it. It was awkward at first but shes sleeping and doesnt realize whats going on.

CafeMom Tickers
Lizj4
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM
We have 4 kids one being a 3 month old. Hubby and I have an understanding. No sex during the day because I'm like you. I don't like to have leave the kids in the other room alone. Plus who knows what the house will look like. Tuesday and Friday nights are our sex nights no matter how tired we are it happens. You just have to squeeze in the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 2, 2012 at 11:20 AM
My daughter is 18 months and her crib is a few feet from our bed. She is sleeping so we don't worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2xp
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Just make sure he's sleeping and safe if he doesn't wake up (not on the couch or bed where he can roll off) and go to a different room. It's a hard adjustment but he'll be fine

newmommy9120
by Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank-you for all the advice! It was weird but we did it last night I made sure baby was sleeping really good and put him in is bed which is in our room and much to my surprise he slept thru it all. I was one happy mommy afterwords!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Same but my oldest is now in her room she's (4) and my 2nd will be 4 months.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Our youngest son sleeps in the same room as us and we still have sex in our bed. We wait until he's asleep and we stop if he wakes up, wash our hands and tend to him of course. He's eight months old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)