Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

No! I won't leave my three week old son unattended at the front of the store! UPDATE ADDED!

Posted by   + Show Post
I went into Family Dollar, been shopping here for almost two years. I walked in and they told me to leave my stroller at the front of the store! NO! I am not doing that! Before anyone says just take him out the stoller, they didn't know what I was coming in there to get and would have been imposssible to hold my son and grab the many items I needed to get! So I said I am not doing that and walked out!

Do other stores do this?! Is this a new rule or something?!

UPDATE

For those that are understanding why I was pissed, Thank you! For those not understnading, thanks for your opinion but I would rather not make more work for myself. Not that it's any of your business but I will tell you why I prefer to use my stroller. I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my lower back 5 years ago. I am in pain every single day and do not do things to add to it. Yes, I can hold my son and do what I need to do for him, but it is painful and holding him through the store while getting what I need to get would not be safe and more work for me.

I understand the whole loss prevention thing which is why I would have been ok with being followed through the store or even having my stroller and diaper bag searched after I was done shopping. (Didn't carry my purse today, if I did, they could have searched that too!) I have nothing to hide because I don't steal and am not gonna risk my freedom for some bullsh*t!

Even if I did take my son out, I am not leaving anything of mine unattended while shopping ever! They also need a sign posted saying this is a store policy so I know to take my business elsewhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (141-147):
misslady80013
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Oh wow! Are you in pain all the time too? Some days are better than others but my pain is always there. I don't take my pain meds unless I can barely move so most days I just suffer through it. Oh, they aren't getting any more of my money ever! I am done!

Quoting jonnlilithsmom:

I don't drive.
I also have arthritis in my lumbar spine, and fibromyalgia  
as a consequence of not driving, I walk almost everywhere.  
I still use a stroller most of the time, even though my daughter is 4 now, because it helps me A LOT when she is tired, as well as the fact that I can carry quite a bit of shopping in the stroller which I wouldn't be able to carry without it

I'd walk out, and never return, if I was forced to leave my stroller at the door

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofpreemieboy
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have Family Dollar stores here and have never been told to leave my stroller up front. WTH what is wrong where they tell a mom to leave her stroller up front. I could see it if they asked you to leave the diaper bag up front or asked to see in the bottom of the stroller but not leave the stroller up front. There are ways to make sure people don't steal gees. Statisticly my store says it is the younger children who seem to steal so they make them shop with mom or one at a time and they have to leave backpack up front along with any bags other than purse or diaper bags. Weird!!!!!

tina08mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of a place doing doing that before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ylime03us
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

i went to the family dollar in town when my son was just a couple of weeks old. it was a nice day out so we walked there. my son in the stoller, we went into the store with the stroller and not a problem. so thats werid they would do that. if its company policy they should post and it and make it everywhere.

misslady80013
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Right! I have a Family Dollar by my house and I asked if that was a company and he said no. He told me that's probably a new rule for that store since they have a huge theft problem and apologized. I feel they should have that posted on the door then.

I did e-mail Family Dollar the next day after this happened and they called me last week to say that's not company policy and they did reprimand the manager and let them know that this is unacceptable. She thanked me for my business and was very understanding and pleasant. I will just continue to shop by my house and I will never shop at the one near my job ever again. That's the only store I have had that problem in. I have gone in Walmart, grocery stores, etc with my stroller and had no problems.

Quoting ylime03us:

i went to the family dollar in town when my son was just a couple of weeks old. it was a nice day out so we walked there. my son in the stoller, we went into the store with the stroller and not a problem. so thats werid they would do that. if its company policy they should post and it and make it everywhere.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 26, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Right! I would have been ok with those but I wasn't leaving my stroller. So many people one here told me I should have taken him out. Umm, no, I bought my stroller to use it.

I e-mailed the corporate office the next day. She called I think last week or earlier this week and said the manager was reprimanded and this isn't a company policy. She was very pleasant and understanding. I will still never shop at that store again. I will just continue to go to the one by my house. They are pleasant and I have no problems there.

Quoting momofpreemieboy:

I have Family Dollar stores here and have never been told to leave my stroller up front. WTH what is wrong where they tell a mom to leave her stroller up front. I could see it if they asked you to leave the diaper bag up front or asked to see in the bottom of the stroller but not leave the stroller up front. There are ways to make sure people don't steal gees. Statisticly my store says it is the younger children who seem to steal so they make them shop with mom or one at a time and they have to leave backpack up front along with any bags other than purse or diaper bags. Weird!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Quoting tina08mommy:

Never heard of a place doing doing that before

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)