Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

who is actually waiting..?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
Who is actually waiting six weeks to have sex? I have waited in the past but is it really necessary? I tore a little but it didnt require stitches.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ConnorMom228
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM
You u only need to wait until you feel ready. We tried at 4 weeks. It was ok, but didn't try again until 6 weeks. Felt much better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhodin
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM
Does it count as waiting when your DH is currently underway?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wruss
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM

we waited over 6 weeks with my first, but my husband was gone and we didnt' see each other until our daughter was over 6 weeks old...with our youngest, we waited 2 weeks..

both girls were c-sections...

BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM
You need to wait the full 6 weeks!!!! They tell you that for a reason. It's because your body needs time to heal! You may feel ready, but your body weds to heal from the inside out and that is a slow process. You can actually do damage to your body that way. I thought I was ready at 4 weeks and it was painful and I started to bleed again. Why? Because my vagina and birth canal were not healed completely. It's best to wait the six weeks. I am on the 6 week wait again because of my surgery. I am in week 2 of recovery and feel no where like having sex even though I am horny ! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j.mom.07
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:26 PM

with my first i waited 5 weeks. with my second i only waited 4 weeks. this time, my appt was at 5 wks, and then we prolly waited another week (not because we needed to, but because we were both so tired and busy with everything) also, we waited this time because we didnt want to risk getting pregnant again so soon, and we dont like condoms. i never tore at all... and with my 2nd and 3rd, i felt back to normal within a week... just waited til the time was right and got the ok from the dr.  with my first, healing time was a bit longer.  waiting is only necessary so you can heal some... and be sure to use birth control of some sort, not just bfing.

CjEmmemommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I always do. Its a nice rest and I am usually bleeding. I don't tear but it still is tight the first few times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM
I wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickigoingon8
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I have always waited.

-mrs.mamma-
by on May. 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM
I don't :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mami323
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:51 PM
I did not
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)