Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay ladies. I have a very fussy 9 week old who only wants to nurse and be held.

I don't mind the nursing but when she's done, she won't let me put her down. She doesn't even like being in my Moby wrap. I need some more ideas because I've GOT to get some cleaning done around here, but the minute she's not with me on the couch asleep, she screams.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
Nina.h
by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM
Have you tried swaddling her? Sometimes Brielle sleeps better when I wrap her as tight as I can...she is 9 weeks today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM
My kids loved the swing. That thing was a life saver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Swaddling is how she sleeps at night so I ended up trying it yesterday out of desperation and it worked! I got the dishes done and a load of laundry done before she woke up :)

Quoting Nina.h:

Have you tried swaddling her? Sometimes Brielle sleeps better when I wrap her as tight as I can...she is 9 weeks today.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
DH came up with it. We were watching a horror movie called "Cronos" and one of the characters was Aurora. Once he made up his mind, that was her name.

The only downside is we have an older DD as well who we named Ariel because I love The Little Mermaid, so I'm sure most people think we named Aurora after Sleeping Beauty despite DH not even realizing, lol

Quoting SOCO101:

DD was like that. I finally found the trick with her was putting her in a swing. It was the one thing I couldn't be without when she was little. Hell, before I discoved this I even carried her to the bathroom with me, lol!

Don't be offened, I love your dd's name. I was just wondering how you came up with it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM

how do you wrap her? if you still froggy the legs, try with one or both legs out to see if that makes her any happier

Nina.h
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Whoo hoo!! Glad you were able to figure it out!!. :-D

Quoting robibuni:

Swaddling is how she sleeps at night so I ended up trying it yesterday out of desperation and it worked! I got the dishes done and a load of laundry done before she woke up :)

Quoting Nina.h:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SOCO101
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting robibuni:

DH came up with it. We were watching a horror movie called "Cronos" and one of the characters was Aurora. Once he made up his mind, that was her name.

The only downside is we have an older DD as well who we named Ariel because I love The Little Mermaid, so I'm sure most people think we named Aurora after Sleeping Beauty despite DH not even realizing, lol

Quoting SOCO101:

DD was like that. I finally found the trick with her was putting her in a swing. It was the one thing I couldn't be without when she was little. Hell, before I discoved this I even carried her to the bathroom with me, lol!

Don't be offened, I love your dd's name. I was just wondering how you came up with it?

lol! That's really cute! 

I was asking because there was a little girl on an episode or two of the Golden Girls named that. I thought maybe you were a huge fan like me, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)