Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

hold your baby because you never know what tomorrow holds. ***Update on the baby.

Posted by   + Show Post

My sister was on the phone with me this morning we were both cleaning our house (2 houses apart). Her baby almost 6 months old was sitting in her rocker bouncer seat and my sister was a few feet away but couldnt see her. She noticed the baby wasnt making noise or moving her rattle. She went in to check her and I hear a scream. I didnt know what she said. I left my kids and ran to my sister. She screaming and holding a limp baby in her arms. I Shes says my baby's dead. Heart drop deep wait shes breathing very light. but breathing. I give the 911 operator the adress to the house  and yell at a nieghbor to watch my kids. 2 amblaunces arrive in a minutes that seamed like hours. They start her on oxygen. They run her to the amblaunce and take her away. My dad take my sister (he came over after hearing the sirens (he lives across the street). I took her 2 year old home. My niece is doing much better now and off the oxygen but she  is spitting up blood. She is being transferred to the children hospital about 30 minutes away. Where they are going to put her to sleep and run a scope down her throat to see why she is spitting up blood. We arent sure why this happen or what happen but hold your baby today and be thankful for your baby. I came home and grabbed my Monica and havent let her our of my sight since. Please pray for my niece. 

update: The doctors didnt run the scope but did a second xray and they didnt find anything. The doctors think she may have choked on her spit up. They also think she has acid reflux because she spits up a lot. She hasnt spit up anymore blood and they said she is doing really good now. They are keeping her for observation tonight.

by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Replies (51-52):
KynTuffsMom
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM
It is so scary. My son aspirated on amniotic fluid and the dr sent us home the next day even though he wouldnt eat, keep his body temp up, open his eyes, and he groaned all the time. Never cried. Our first morning at home he woke up freezing cold, and white as a sheet. By the time he made it to the nicu anything that could be wrong, was wrong. Cpr caused pneumo thorax, collapsed lung, and subdural hematoma. He had infections from aspiration, cardio issues since he coded twice and liver/kidney issues. Never got a true diagnosis, only that he should have never been sent home. He should have been shipped out the first day. How did the apnea monitor work? Ds' cardioligist and neonatologists didnt think he needed one, thankfully. They said the monitors would go off even if he didnt have issues and it either scared the crap out of parents or ticked them off to where they stopped using it. One thing is for sure, i never took my eyes off him...still dont!! How is your son doing now? (Sorry for rambling, talking about it helps me. Most traumatic event of my life.)

Quoting kirstina:

my son did it at 3 days old. They think he went into a deep sleep and forgot to breath because he was so jaundice. we stayed at the hospital for 10 days. He was sent home on an apeana monitor

Quoting KynTuffsMom:

So glad she is doing better. Finding your baby that way is horrible. My son was 2 days old and stopped breathing infront of me. Spent 17 days in the NICU and is now a happy, healthy 18 month old! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin_mommyx3
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM
God was with you that day. Given even another min the baby might not be here. Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)