Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Too soon to cruise ?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do u think it's too early to take my daughter on a cruise at nine months? Anyone take their little ones on a vacay that early?
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sara_3388
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I dont think thats too early.
The only issue I see is that you would be caring for an infant the entire time and might not be able to enjoy yourself as much. Kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I took my dd at 15m and we had fun but we also had others there to watch her so we could enjoy ourselves.
I get motion sickness so I was worried about that so I saw her Dr about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on May. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM
This

Quoting Mommy_Burge:

I dont think thats too early.

The only issue I see is that you would be caring for an infant the entire time and might not be able to enjoy yourself as much. Kwim?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM
Also check with cruise lines some of them have rules. Child care for some starts at 2yrs. Imo with out someone to help you with ur child you will not be doing anything but holding your baby the whole time and seeing the water around you. Cruises r not for very young children. I would honestly say not till 7 or 8 years old. I've been on about 9 cruises.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemma
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Quoting moroccanmommy:Also check with cruise lines some of them have rules. Child care for some starts at 2yrs. Imo with out someone to help you with ur child you will not be doing anything but holding your baby the whole time and seeing the water around you. Cruises r not for very young children. I would honestly say not till 7 or 8 years old. I've been on about 9 cruises.

It's for my mom's 60th b-day. And she wants to take care of my daughter while my dh and I go out. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what she wants! Lol Also, I won't let he be in day care.
moroccanmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
If y have help...then gooooo. I miss cruising.. I always worried about little ones going overboard. Carefull

Quoting katemma:

Quoting moroccanmommy:Also check with cruise lines some of them have rules. Child care for some starts at 2yrs. Imo with out someone to help you with ur child you will not be doing anything but holding your baby the whole time and seeing the water around you. Cruises r not for very young children. I would honestly say not till 7 or 8 years old. I've been on about 9 cruises.

It's for my mom's 60th b-day. And she wants to take care of my daughter while my dh and I go out. I know it sounds crazy, but that's what she wants! Lol Also, I won't let he be in day care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I know many ppl that do it and still have fun. Kids that age will be happy regardless of where they are. Id say go esp if u have family help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Go! Vacations are fun at any age.
We took my first born on vacation, cross country to visit my relatives at ten DAYS old. My third went to Disney at six weeks.
We travel a lot and having a baby has never slowed us down.
Go have fun, take it easy, relax!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)