Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Need help no negative comments plz

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have 3 older kids so I've raised babies before my 16 sister moved in in the winter. I leave her watch my 7 month old son she loves taking him for walks well yesterday she wanted to take him to the park I put 70 sunscreen on him and told her not to leave him in the sun to long well he got a little red It upsets me but not her fault he doesn't seem uncomfortable yet it's only on his arms I've put a&d ointment on and gave him a bath w oatmeal wash is there anything else I can do for him thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Take him to the doc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Hmmm is he too small for cooling gel?! That's the only thing I can think of. Sorry momma. Hops he feels better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM
If you are bfing bm is great for sunburns
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rebekah8787
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM
No he's formula feed :(
Maybe I will take him in in the morning thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Is it blistering or just a little red?

Quoting Rebekah8787:

No he's formula feed :(

Maybe I will take him in in the morning thanks

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinerdancer1988
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

i say a cool bath and just let it be...if he doesnt seem hurt by it then he should be fine.

i dont see the point in goin to the doctor if its just a little red. if he isnt blistering or screaming when you touch it then why go to the doctor??

Lizj4
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Honestly if he isn't uncomfortable I wouldn't worry about it. My kids got sunburned back in April and they were fine. Doctor won't do much either. Keep and eye on it but if it was super bad it would have bubbled and blistered by now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaffedrikke
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
What about plain aloe gel? Or some nice cool washclothes. And I agree take him to the Dr.
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
I agree that taking the baby to the doctor for being a little red is more than slightly absurd, even for the types that like to run the baby to the doctor for every little thing.

Op, coconut oil might be soothing.

Quoting tinerdancer1988:

i say a cool bath and just let it be...if he doesnt seem hurt by it then he should be fine.

i dont see the point in goin to the doctor if its just a little red. if he isnt blistering or screaming when you touch it then why go to the doctor??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MFountaine
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM
My opinion would be just keep an eye on him like others have said. If it didn't hurt then the doc won't do much but tell you to do what you're already doing. Keep up the good work momma, he will be ok. If he starts having discomfort I would call a nurse hotline. They will be able to tell you what you can do if the doc is unavailable. Keep us posted. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)