Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My daughter has terrible eczema.....HELP!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My 5 month old dd has terrible eczema and I don't know what to do. She has it every where put only badly on her face. I have done everything I know to do and it's still terrible she scratches it til it bleeds. I have taken her to the doctor numerous times and she was finally put on antibiotics. It did great and was almost gone but as soon as she came off the antibiotics it came right back. I don't know what to do, I am calling her doctor first thing Monday morning. I just really wish I knew a way to make my poor baby feel better, I hate that she is so irritated and bothered by this. I feel like I should be able to do more because I am her mother, I am suppose to make her feel better but I just don't know what to do. Any advice would be helpful because I am at a loss as of what to do.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Replies (41-46):
Charlibabe
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

My son has awful eczema and when it gets really bad they usually give me a steriod cream for it. For normal days we use aquaphor as our lotion and once a week we have our bath with some drops of baby oil in it to help. This is what our doctor told us to do hope you find something that works soon!

findingserenity
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM
This but I discovered my lotion palmers works wonders on his skin too so now he hasnt had ecsema.knock on wood

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

My baby is on Topicort for her flares, and hydrocortizone ointment (rx strength) for maintenence. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
libby261
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Here is a homemade recipe that I use on the skin.  It has healing properties and it soothes and moistens.

Get some lanolin (baby isle in drugstore) and mix it with some vitamin e (cosmetic isle in drugstore) and some Vaseline.  Put the tube of lanolin in some warm water to soften it before you use it.  Put some lanolin, vitamin e and Vaseline a clean babyfood jar and mix it all up.  It will be a thick and a little sticky.  It will stay on the skin and soothe and heal it.  I made this up (without the vaseline) for my daughter when she came home from school with crusty, scabby dry lips.  They were so dry that they bled.  She started using it and her lips were a lot better the next day and completely healed in a few days.  The lanoline and vitamin e is really good stuff.  

SarineLewis
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Hydrocortizone 10 creme is the only thing that worked for my bro. He had it so bad he was covered in blood. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hoping4girl33
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:28 PM
First off don't give her bath everyday because that dry the skin, second when you do give her avveno oatmal baths, third there are creams that can help with the eczema my second had it bad when he was a baby and the doctor told me all of this. About the creams I should say lotions they sell them in rite aid Duane reade, CVS, walmart basically all store some of them are a little pricey but are good
heidim229
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM

OK this is going to sound weird but i sear it works my pedi told me to do this

1. give her a bath

2. do not dry her off 

3. put Crisco on her the kind that you would grease a baking pan with 

4.put her pj's on her on morning you should see a differance 

i always did it at night cause think about it you don't really want to take her out during the day with that stuff on her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)