Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

To start with solids or not?

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
  • 19 Replies

My DS just turned 4 months old on Wednesday and he gets angry at me when he sees me eating. I always have to stick my finger in whatever I am eating for him to taste and then he is satisfied. However I can't always do so. I just don't want to introduce solids until he is at least 6 months old. What are your ideas?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I wait until my babies can feed themselves. This means that my daughter must be able to sit well on her own and have the pincer grasp down before I introduce solids. She is 7 months and getting close! I will probably introduce within the next month or so. I am not in any rush since solids are like dessert until a year or so anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM

This is EXACTLY the way I handled it also.  Throughout life your child isn't always going to like what you decide but YOUR the parent.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

I wait until my babies can feed themselves. This means that my daughter must be able to sit well on her own and have the pincer grasp down before I introduce solids. She is 7 months and getting close! I will probably introduce within the next month or so. I am not in any rush since solids are like dessert until a year or so anyway.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 4, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I would wait.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on May. 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM
4 moms liked this
He's not mad because you're eating food, he's mad because you have something that he doesn't lol. He'd probably be doing the same thing if you had a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of liquor in the other. Babies don't know these things at that age, they just want whatever everyone else has. I would wait, it's so much more worth it to wait. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on May. 4, 2012 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
In MY household, I introduce rice cereal at 4 months. My son, who turns 5 months on Monday, eats one small bowl a day. Did the same for my daughter.

It's up to YOU. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRISTIN0727
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I would wait. I am waiting until 9 months and exclusively breastfeed my 7 month old.
LyTe684
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Your call. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deathbysexiness
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Early solids are bad for babies health and digestive systems. If you know that and still want to do it, it's on you I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashora1990
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM
we start solids @ 4 month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby wants my red wine when I have a glass... he can swirl it, but he's certainly not ready to drink it!

I would wait... and be careful dipping your finger in your foods... high sodium, allergens and other stuff that should be limited with babies could be on your plate! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)