Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Postpartum Depression

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM
  • 20 Replies

Question: If I am already experiencing symptoms before my 6 week post partum visit should I let my OB/GYN know as soon as I suspect PPD or should I wait? What would you do or have you done?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Do it right away. The longer you wait the worse it gets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixieL
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:43 AM

I have heard a lot about PPD. I think I would let him or her know now. I have heard of women hurting their babies or themselves I don't think I would ignore that.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
I'm sorry you are feeling like you may have PPD. I was recently diagnosed for the second time. (had with my DS) and my DD is 8 mo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovefromwithin
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Yeah, that is what I thought I should do. I know it seemed like a dumb question - I only asked since it's 10 days now until my PP checkup - I'm guessing it is urgent enough to come in before then.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:51 AM
If you want to talk pm me anytime.

Quoting lovefromwithin:

Yeah, that is what I thought I should do. I know it seemed like a dumb question - I only asked since it's 10 days now until my PP checkup - I'm guessing it is urgent enough to come in before then.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

I would tell you doctor about it yes.

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Ask now. The sooner, the better! I had some after I had my daughter I had so much stress because she came early and my house wasn't done being built so we all crammed in one little room at my mother in laws and she was a sick baby and cried non stop. It's very hard in the beginning. Also I just found out that my thyroid was going crazy so that made it way worse. Sometimes they will check your thyroid to see if that it functioning properly. Ask now before you get so miserable and hateful like I did. I never dreamed of hurting my baby but I would get so mad at everyone around me and so depressed about everything. Now she is 6 months old and I am doing much better and they are watching my thyroid.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Right away, as soon as possible!

((hugs))

goodmama85
by Sapphire Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Yes please talk to your dr asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
watch out who ur talking to ..wolves come in many coats ,colors,
Yesterday at 5:29 PM
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM

call ur doc and see what thy say ...i had it at 4 weeks wth my last babies..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)