Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Gripe water question.

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering if it's ok to give a baby under 6lbs gripe water. My almost 3 week old is still having problem's going poopy he went early yesterday afternoon and hasn't had a bowl movement today and he seem's to be in some pain he'll toot a little bit but other then that you can see him trying really hard and he'll grunt and then cry stop grunt some more and cry again he has hardly slept today and he's not really eatting like he has been..Would gripe water help him at all and the last time he was weighed was monday and he was 5lbs 10oz. Would it be safe for him?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
scperdomo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I would wait it out. Massage his tummy a little, do the cycle thing with his legs, and then call the pedi in the morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonniemommy100
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM

we have tucked his little legs under him like the  nurse from the 24/7 nursing line told us we did a warm bath messaged his belly  bringing his knees to his belly and moving his legs in circles nothing has worked he is still not going pooping  

Quoting scperdomo:

I would wait it out. Massage his tummy a little, do the cycle thing with his legs, and then call the pedi in the morning.

proudmommy690
by Christa on May. 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM
it is normal for a baby to skip a day on pooping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Is he breast or formula fed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I would still wait it out. A day without a bowel movement isn't cause for concern. Even 2-3 days isn't cause for concern. DS only pooped once a week and he was perfectly normal.

When he does poop, if it is a normal consistency (not hard nuggets/pellets) then he's fine and not constipated. I would just call.your pedi in the morning if you are still worried.

Quoting bonniemommy100:

we have tucked his little legs under him like the  nurse from the 24/7 nursing line told us we did a warm bath messaged his belly  bringing his knees to his belly and moving his legs in circles nothing has worked he is still not going pooping  

Quoting scperdomo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)