Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice...need some talking down!

Posted by   + Show Post

hi all, so my son is 7 weeks and we had a tramatic experience today - more so me and my husband rather than my son! he started choking and couldnt catch his breath so i grabbed him over my shoulder and hit his back and he vomited over my shoulder...he still didnt seem like he was breathing so i threw him on my forearm facing down and started blowing in his face and he started to breath normal...this happened within a matter of seconds...he was fine not even a second later...i on the other hand was a mess! the doc said he could have choked on his mucus or could have had a little acid reflux and this is how it came out...he seems to have a lot of saliva too...my thats just my opinion..he had a choking episode twice before but not like this!

the past few nights we have been trying to wean him into his crib...and i told my husband forget about that for the next few nights...is that wrong of me??? is it going to be harder to get him in his crib if i wait longer? but how am i going to be able to sleep after what happened today yet alone sleep in another room??? what do i do?

Also, has anyone ever experienced that with their LO?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Replies (11-11):
michiganmomof10
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Did the doctor suggest having him sleep differently, such as on his side or in a bouncy seat so he would be semi-upright?  I would definately keep him next to you and even with a monitor on high volume otherwise you will worry all night long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)