Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ECZEMA/Cradle Cap, HELP!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So we've tried EVERYTHING to help soothe my poor 4 month old. She is red and bumpy from head to toe. She even has a spot on her forearm that looks like pimples or boils and it opened and clear stuff came out. PLUS her cradle cap is OUT OF CONTROL. It's to the point that she scratches like mad and screams in frustration and seemingly pain. I can only imagine how miserable she is. Here's what we've done so far:

Baby oil on for a while, then scrub out flakes

Olive oil, same

Eczema lotion on her head

Head and Shoulders

Selsun Blue (I was scared to continue using it, it seemed to cause her pain, I think it burns her head)

Oatmeal wash

Cetaphil soapless wash

Cortisone creams, low grade and stronger (they seem to make it worse)

Aveeno Eczema lotion (worked for a while, then she flared up again)

Frozen peas to draw out the itch, seemed to make her happy for about 1 min.

Then because we were desperate, we tried stopping EVERYTHING and seeing if maybe we were just irritating it more with all our remedies and it would clear up on it's own, BIG MISTAKE. It flared up with a vengeance.

Nothing is working. She has open cuts on her head from scratching. I feel so horrible and helpless. I'm calling in for a same day appointment on Monday, but I don't know how much they're going to help. last time I went in they prescribed her the selsun blue. And I didn't have much faith in the doc when I asked what's in the selsun blue and why do you want us to try it she replied "I don't know what's in it, let me google it. And I had another mother tell me it worked for her." It really wasn't comforting.

I'm wondering if maybe cold aloe would help? I'm open to suggestions PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone give me some ideas here. Even if it's something prescription that I can ask her doc for on Monday.

Katy SAHM to Teagan

by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Replies (11-11):
MsKatyy
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:34 AM

That's my plan for Monday. It really blows my mind how unconcerned they seem about it. She's miserable and they just give me cortisone cream and say she'll grow out of it. The cortisone creams seem to make things worse also. Like everything I put on her seems to irritate it more. The only thing that has given her any relief was the Aveeno lotion. =[

Katy SAHM to Teagan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)