Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get him to craw....

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello, my son is 7 months old, he doesn't craw yet.  But partly my fault, he doesn't get all that much tummy time.  I lay him on his tummy, he'll be fine for a little while then gets mad, and either rolls over him self, or gets fussy until I get him off his tummy.  He sits very well, and can roll both ways.  He tries to sit him self up (from laying down) doesn't quite have the strength for that yet, but he can stand, if he has something to hold onto for a while.  But doesn't craw.  I know that all babies are different, I just feel he should be crawing, everybody always asks me, is he crawing yet...no. Maybe I just worry too much.

Any ideas on how to help him, and how old was your LO when they started to craw.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Replies (11-20):
soulofsunmama
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM
This.
Leave it be, it will happen.
Don't be so obsessive, its a baby.

Quoting Turtledoves:

He doesn't have to crawl at 7 months. 7 months is usually the starting time kids learn to crawl. Don't rush him. He'll do it when he's ready.

Dd is 10 months old and she still falls on her face when she tries to crawl every time. She's learning on her own and there's no deadline to when she must learn. I'm not going to push her to speed things up. I'd rather her figure things out than just be shoved through the motions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM
bump

MommaEST.99
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM
My baby went straight to walking and would not crawl first. I was so worried but it really doesnt matter she is not behind in development.
mrs.pina
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM
every baby is different .so be patient and he will crawl when his ready .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Some babies dont actually like tummy time so I used a large beach ball and rolled her around on it and she loved it!  She was also obsessed with our television remote control, so I would put it a few feet away from her and put her on her tummy for her to crawl to it and she eventually did it around 5 months.

kaitlynherring
by on May. 7, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Your little rascal will start to craw when their ready you just be patient ya hear. Then after that maybe they can learn how to rassle and chew tobacca.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leslie1989
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Thank you Miss Teacher. Now I know how to spell.  Not what I asked for, so don't know why you had to reply.  We all make istakes we aren't perfect.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

The word is CRAWL. not craw.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I agree...the few milestones charts that crawling is still even on have it as an END of the TENTH month milestone, so you've got quite a while to go before its even considered remotely out of the norm to not be crawling yet.

Quoting soulofsunmama:

This.
Leave it be, it will happen.
Don't be so obsessive, its a baby.

Quoting Turtledoves:

He doesn't have to crawl at 7 months. 7 months is usually the starting time kids learn to crawl. Don't rush him. He'll do it when he's ready.

Dd is 10 months old and she still falls on her face when she tries to crawl every time. She's learning on her own and there's no deadline to when she must learn. I'm not going to push her to speed things up. I'd rather her figure things out than just be shoved through the motions.

Mom to three beautiful girls

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on May. 7, 2012 at 10:33 AM
This was about the age mine all crawled!

Quoting junebutterfly:

My oldest hated tummy time he didn't crawl until around 9 months, so give him time man's he will get there

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellGardner
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Mistakes..... She's right who would miss the l on crawl do you really say craw?

Quoting leslie1989:

Thank you Miss Teacher. Now I know how to spell.  Not what I asked for, so don't know why you had to reply.  We all make istakes we aren't perfect.

Quoting ConnorMom228:

The word is CRAWL. not craw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)