Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help me

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just had my daughter a month ago. I never wanted to keep her from the begining but my husband wouldnt have it any other way. I have no bond with this child, have no idea how to get her to stop crying or what she wants when she cries. I have no urge to hold her. Its more like theres a baby in the house and I have to care for it feeling. I dont feel like shes even mine. I explain my feelings to my husband who is away for work for the next 6 months and he tells me to shut up and deal with it. Where I am I have no family, his family isnt around and hes moved us so far away from everyone I have no friends or help and he wont let me get help. I dont know what to do at this point. Is there a way I can get a bond with her?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
demlilkit
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Where are you i trying to deal with the same thing.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I'd seek help from a counselor. Its hard being a mom and it doesn't always come naturally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Why didn't you want her? Why keep her if you didn't want her? Maybe a therapist can help. Did something happen that made you feel this way?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbaby412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I dont know. From the time I found out I was pregnant I didnt want her. My husband gave me no option. I wanted to do adoption but he said we had to keep her otherwise I wouldnt have kept her

HollieMariex3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Sounds like PP depression to me. Definitely seek help from a therapist or doctor, they can be a big help. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs_McK
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM
It has to be hard with no family around. I didn't have help from family either, and husband had to get back to work ASAP, so as soon as we were home from the hospital he went back to work. Sometimes moms just don't bond with baby over night. It can take time. Talk to your ob/gyn or your babies doc to try and get some help, someone to talk to or anything. Come on here to vent or call a family member or close friend to talk.there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to get some help. Moms need help, we are very close to being super heroes but do occasionally need a break and someone to be there to help us. Why does husband say no help? Being a new mom is not easy. You can do it though. If you ever need anything dot hesitate to message me!
jamieharper08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hmmmm...do you ave any other children? What was the reason you didn't want to keep her in the first place? Do you think your husband may have made the situation worse?

libby261
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Have you called your family?  Have you thought of just going home?  I agree with the other posters that you may be dealing with depression and need help.  Your husband sounds like an insensitive jerk and if this is his response to your calling out for help, then I wonder what kind of life you will have with him.  You need to talk to someone about that too.

newbaby412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I do have two other children. One 7 but she lives with my previous husband and my 14 month old son lives with me and is from my current marriage. Id love to go home for help and support but he wont allow it. Ive tried talking to my doctor but she says she thinks it will pass. My health insurance ends this month and then I wont be able to recieve help as I have no way to pay for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN