Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How many hours of sleep..

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 30 Replies
Do you get? Baby (include age)? Husband?

My husband and I average 3-4 hours each, one usually get a 3 hour nap + 1 hour at night when our 6 month old sleeps in her crib (but wakes up and will NOT go back down, had to be held) and the other gets 4 hours at night then hubby goes to work and the night sleeper hold baby. Our baby gets about 8-10 hours if you factor in when she wakes up to eat or just to make sure you're still holding her.
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoeysmommy9111
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Me: 7 1/2 hours
SO: 4 hours (only bc he wanted to stay up late even though he had work at 5 am)
DD (8 months): 13 hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM

We have a 6 month old and I get about 8 hours of sleep a night. Hubby gets about 6. He gets up and leaves while I am still in bed. 6 month old sleeps 12 hours at night without waking up.

ivilayla
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I have a 4 month old and she sleeps about 3-4 hours at a time and gets up to nurse. She sleeps with us in our bed, if we put her in her cribn to sleep I get even less sleep cause she wants to be held and rocked to go back to sleep. Her dad doesnt get up with her most of the time cause he goes to work in the mornign and theres really nothing he can do with her. I probably get about 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

mishlerdr24
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Me- 4 hours

DF 8-9 hours

Son 6 months old, 10 hours

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Dd (10mo) gets about 10 hours a night. I get about 8. DH gets usually somewhere between 5-9.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PTK11
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I can't imagine staying up AFTER my kiddo goes to bed! That one hour that she will sleep alone is freaking priceless! lol

kiminsean
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Both dh and i get about 4 ds is 8 mos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Well, my kids are older now... but when they were babies, DH would get about 7-8 hours, I would get 9-10 hours and the boys would get 12+hours.

Why is one of you sitting awake holding him all night?   Why not just go to sleep with him?   My first wouldn't sleep without being held, so I held him and we both slept.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
8-9 hours

PTK11
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

If Im holding her then she wants to nurse and sleep and wont sleep if I hold her any other way and I have rather large breasts so I don't think it's very safe for me to fall asleep too and DH can only hold her a certain way, facing out one hand supporting her butt and the other arm is like a seat belt... so that's probably not safe either. ONCE in a great while she will sleep in bed with me if she's SUPER tired and missed her late nap. I do wish she would sleep about 5 hours alone but we manage. I just feel like everyone I know says that their baby sleeps 12 hours and then I hear them complain they're tired and I"m like WTF is wrong with you? lol

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

Well, my kids are older now... but when they were babies, DH would get about 7-8 hours, I would get 9-10 hours and the boys would get 12+hours.

Why is one of you sitting awake holding him all night?   Why not just go to sleep with him?   My first wouldn't sleep without being held, so I held him and we both slept.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN