Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

TMI about PP stuff... Help plz!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
I had an episonomy with my first son so only one "cut" to worry about. It was fairly simple to manage. With my second son (I had him Saturday 5/5) imy doc and I chose to allow natural tearing. I had 3 tears. A small barely noticeable one that we didn't have stitched (would have been a waste) and two "medium" sized tears.

I have been using the wash bottle, the wash cloth the spray and taking my tylenol and stool softners as told to do so. However I feel as if I'm in more pain than needed.

I can't remember how long it took to feel somewhat "normal" down there. Does anyone remember? It still hurts to try and sit. =(

Also I'm still cramping everytime I fed my son. Painful ones. My bm is in. I was able to pump this morning.

I just wanna feel normal again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Crampon is normal. When you BF it stimulates contractions causing the cramping. The pain from tears, should subside some with in the next day or so. If your concerned talk with your OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Yeah I know the cramping is normal. I bf my first. I just don't remember it being THIS bad. I'm still swollen. But that's because I went from pre e to hypertension to toxemia (sp).

The pain trying to pee or poop is killer! I try and hold it, but I still have almost no control of my bodily functions. Thank goodness for the pads because I've peed on myself a few times. =(

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

Crampon is normal. When you BF it stimulates contractions causing the cramping. The pain from tears, should subside some with in the next day or so. If your concerned talk with your OB.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amzbrznjz
by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:51 PM

thisis your 2nd,  your uterus is larger and has more work to get back to normal, so your cramps will be worse...I know with my 2nd one, I stopped nursing due to the cramps...as for th tears...I tore with all 3 of mine, and it take at least a week to be able to sit with a "comfortable" pain...with my first (DD) I ripped from my anus to my vagina, it took me 3 weeks to sit normally, with my second it took a week, but cramping while nursing was brutal, so I stopped.  With my last one I had a "skidmark" and i was sitting reguarly in 2 days...but all my kids were at least 9 pounds

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Yeah I know the cramping is normal. I bf my first. I just don't remember it being THIS bad. I'm still swollen. But that's because I went from pre e to hypertension to toxemia (sp).

The pain trying to pee or poop is killer! I try and hold it, but I still have almost no control of my bodily functions. Thank goodness for the pads because I've peed on myself a few times. =(

Quoting BiPolarMomto3:

lauratupper
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM

(((hugs))), sorry I didn't tear, so I don't know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN