Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Tryig to get back into the swing of things post partum...

Posted by   + Show Post

tell me your tips!!! I am so tired these days and I can't figure out how to go grocery shopping with 4 kids! HELP!

by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
MybabyKisses
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I do my shopping on dh's off days so I don't have to take all the kids with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I usually go after the kids are in bed so I can do it alone. Its faster and way easier on me. We still go to the store during the week for odds and ends but llike for big shopping trips I try to go alone. But when I do go with all three kids, Lily sits ini the seat, Amelia likes to ride on the end and Gabriel walks. Maybe you could go while your oldest is in school so you only have 3 instead of 4?

jen6807
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Does your grocery store have the carts with the 2 child seats in front? If so put the youngest baby in his infant seat on the main seat of the cart and put 2 middle children in those seats and that leaves the oldest to walk next to you. And as far as energy goes I drink a frappuccino in the morning and a red bull at lunch and sometimes I still have a hard time having any energy it really sucks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM

wow four kids?! That is really tough and im not sure I could do it although im very used to doing EVERYTHING with my 2. Can you go shopping in the evening after your SO gets home? I know that sucks when there is dinner to put on the table and children to get into bed but maybe that day they could go to bed a bit early? 

How often do you go grocery shopping? 

Innocencedreams
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I only have 2, with number 3 on the way, so I have no advice, sorry.

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Thank you for the reminder!! I'm really bad about that. I take are of everyone else but totally forget to take care of myself!

Quoting zannahdeux:

I noticed if I don't still take my prenatal vitamin I have zero energy that day...remember your health too!

abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I go once a week, which is part of the problem because it's a big shopping trip. If I went a couple times a week, I could fit the groceries and a kid in the back of the cart with one up front, too...but I need the whole cart for groceries.

Quoting sparklebug86:

wow four kids?! That is really tough and im not sure I could do it although im very used to doing EVERYTHING with my 2. Can you go shopping in the evening after your SO gets home? I know that sucks when there is dinner to put on the table and children to get into bed but maybe that day they could go to bed a bit early? 

sparklebug86
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM

could you go once every two weeks without kids? 

I go once every two weeks and because I have a very limited budget I usually end up going back at least twice a week because we ran out of something or someone wants something I didnt get. I dont mind running back once in awhile but twice a week with two kids is alot of work!

Quoting abra:

I go once a week, which is part of the problem because it's a big shopping trip. If I went a couple times a week, I could fit the groceries and a kid in the back of the cart with one up front, too...but I need the whole cart for groceries.

Quoting sparklebug86:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
abra
by Abra on May. 9, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Not really. Most of our groceries are fresh produce that won't keep more then a week at a time.

Quoting sparklebug86:

could you go once every two weeks without kids? 

I go once every two weeks and because I have a very limited budget I usually end up going back at least twice a week because we ran out of something or someone wants something I didnt get. I dont mind running back once in awhile but twice a week with two kids is alot of work!

Quoting abra:

Quoting sparklebug86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
queenmary1o1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM
I only have one so bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN