Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Did you get any sleep at the hospital?

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM
  • 19 Replies

Did you get any sleep at the hospital when your baby was born?

busy mom

by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CandiceDanielle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:08 AM
With ds1,I didn't sleep much b/c I wasn't tired. With ds2,I was exhausted and EVERY time I feel asleep someone was waking me up. ( and over half the time it was NOT the baby!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Not really, I was so uncomfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teenamarie21
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:10 AM

not at all when i was in labor (36 hours) and i only got an hour or two here and there after he was born

novachick
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 4:11 AM
No, after birth I get the strangest adrenaline rush that lasts for days. Even my nurses said it was the weirdest thing lol. The most I'd sleep would be a 5 min mini nap type thing a couple times a day/night for about the 1st 3 days after each were born. I'd be awake constantly and have loads of energy. Wish it would have lasted for the toddler years! Lmao
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms.sophsmom
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Very little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hlzcmjzajz
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM
Not that much with either of my kids. With my son I was too worried about him (he was born 9 weeks early) plus I had to be up every 3 hrs to pump; & my daughter was in my room with me & up about every hour to nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Ok sleep. . . All 3 times the night nurses were generally good about coming in when I was already awake (after about 9pm, they would say to page them next time I was up so that they could do vitals etc then) rather than waking me up, so that part wasn't bad- the newborn snuggling with me, the uncomfortable hospital bed, and residual pain (2 babies were c sections) were my problems :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2ava2mia
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:15 AM

NO! It pissed me off so bad. I noticed a sign they had up saying "quiet, new mommy resting" yet the nurses came in every 5 minutes to check on me, poke me, roll me over, see me breastfeeding, check if I needed anything when all I needed was sleep! 

LMEMomma05
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Um I tired, lol I had a bad reaction to my spinal. But my nurse that was cleaning me up and what not kept talking to me. I think outta the 4 days I was there I slept good one night cause I sent Lil man to nursery cause I was so exhausted. But that was only a couple of hours. Then I just kept him with me. And that damn bed was horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaleigh92805
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Yes I did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN