Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3- update 6-1-12: How do I increase breast milk supply?

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

6-1-12

Hi Ladies. Breastmilk supply seems to be steady now. There are ups and downs but I do notice that with rest, mood, hydration, caloric intake, Joseph's heath, life in general all plays a role.

The Fenugreek does make me smell like a PANCAKE! I actually do not mind it, lol.

I just started drinking the organic mother's milk tea. I like it. I add one splenda to my drink and I am good to go. I will have to let you know if I see results in increase in a couple of days.

Thank you all for your support HUGS....pic of Joseph icluded in post!!! BREAST MILK HAS DONE MY BOY GOOD!!!!!!!!

5-13-12
Thank you ladies for your advice! I have increased my water and caloric intake. I am drinking water all the time.

Over this past weekend I got in some extra rest.

I am going to pump while at the NICU and increase my pumping through out the day. I also have to be relaxed when pumping.

I may kust get me a beer every now and again...plus some oatmeal.

As for the supplement...begins with an f....i need to take enough to smell like a pancake....super awesome smell but i will work with the other methods first :-)

The mothers milk/tea, how does it taste?

I am also working with lactation consultant! She is awesome and a life saver (or nipple saver!)

Once again thank you ladies!!!

Side note. My son is three weeks old and I held him for the first time today. My boys motivate me to want so much from life <3

-------////------/:::::::::---------////:::::/

How do I increase breast milk supply? My right breast seems to produce more than my left, but supply seems low.

I am only pumping due to my son being in NICU.

by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilprincesses
by on May. 12, 2012 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

i have heard of fenugreek works..  :)

cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Try fenugreek (it's an herbal supplement) you can also try Mother's Milk Tea, or steal cut oatmeal.  Otherwise, once baby is able to nurse just nurse baby lots (thats the easiest way to up your supply)!!!  Good Luck (oh also try the breastfeeding group here on cafe mom)

makayla2308
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Oatmeal works really well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCwife0530
by on May. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this
This! Go to a vitamin store (GNC, for example) and get fenugreek capsules. Also Mothers Milk tea works good too.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

i have heard of fenugreek works..  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Fenugreek and mother's milk tea as well as oatmeal and keeping your water drinking up

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 12, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and nurse as much as possible

all of that worked for me

angela.bouchard
by Angela on May. 13, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

In addition to what the other mommas say, do as much skin to skin time as possible :)

Greeney1982
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I got to hold my LO for the first time today. It definitely assisted in immediate increase in milk :-)

Quoting angela.bouchard:

In addition to what the other mommas say, do as much skin to skin time as possible :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizj4
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I am takIng fenugreek right now and it works. Mother milk tea is so nasty. It really works but it is completely gross. Once LO is able to actually nurse that will help immensely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Yay!!! I am so glad!!! More pictures???

Quoting Greeney1982:

I got to hold my LO for the first time today. It definitely assisted in immediate increase in milk :-)

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)