Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old was your little one when they first rolled over?

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 40 Replies
My little man is about to be 7 months old and has yet to roll over. I know they say not to compare to other babies but I'm just curious to know how old your little one was when they first rolled over. I've tried doing different things with him like tummy time, but he hates being on his tummy for more than a few min. Even tried putting toys just out of his reach so he might try to go for them. He's just not interested. He can sit up on his own and would rather do that than anything and he puts his weight on his feet pretty good but likes to bounce lol and he is definitely on the chubby side :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:05 PM
My daughter did at 3 months. First time down on the floor and she immediately flipped, lol.

It sounds like he is doing well. Some babies don't like to roll. My two boys rolled just a couple times and never did it again. Neither of them liked being on their tummy and they had zero interest in rolling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatherineNewton
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

15 days but she barrley rolls over now. She can but doesn't.

Applegirl300
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:06 PM

My son did at 6 months :)

alreadydidthis
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:09 PM
2 months. Dont worty kids are weird they all do things diffrently. Maybe hes too heavy for himself. Not saying hes big but it might be too much for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybabygrl008
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM

my 2 week old has rolled over 3 times already  lol he get mad and rocks back and forth and kicks his lil leg and over he goes

Delila12
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this
He did it at 3 months once and just recently at almost 5 he finally knows how to do it consistently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
January1964
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

4 months, she rolled over

5 months she sat up by herself

14 months she started walking

cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

5 months

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on May. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
4 days after she turned 3 months old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gilbertgrl627
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

DD first rolled over (back to front) at 4 months. She HATED tummy time. Scream and cry if I put her on her tummy. lol. DS1 first rolled over (front to back) just after 2 months. DS2 rolled over just before 2 months (he was just over 7wks) and has even rolled over from back to front (only when he's angry, though).

Each kid is different. DS1 didn't start walking until he was 15 months old. Had no interest in it. He preferred to crawl. DD started walking at 10 months. lol. She HATED to crawl.

I wouldn't worry about it. He'll roll over when he's ready (if he ever wants to-lol).  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)