Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I've seen alot of posts about.......

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM
  • 49 Replies

There are alot of mama's on here who have 3+ children.  My question is "How do you make it work financially?"  Do you both work, are you a SAHM?  I have 2 boys and we are able to live comfortably but i'm a SAHM and have a college degree and am ready to go back to work part time so we can have our "extras" back.  I have noticed most women on here have more than 3 kids and seem to be living quite well so was just curious how things work for you. 

family in the van 

in love            backpack               toddler boy

Married 2/24/05               William  11/10/04                    Adam  12/21/10

puppypuppycat

Jake                     Max                    Shelby

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy51006
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Bump, I have 2 kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Chels
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I'd like to know too! My husband is the only one that works & we have one child. We live pretty comfortably, but he'll need a raise for us to have another baby!

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I'm a SAHM... we live comfortably, but don't have a ton of "extras".   Still expecting #3... but babies aren't expensive... it when they get older and into school and activities that's expensive!   Hopefully DH will have gotten a raise or two by then.   :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
brookesmama0230
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM
I'm a sahm to 2 and 3 on the way we live comforatablle n I try to save costs using coupons stuff like that we don't go out to eat etc and cutting unneccary costs out :) plus I saved all my baby stuff which helped too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2almost
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Yeah my DH just recently finished school and got his degree and is trying to find a job as a Computer Engineer and i'm hoping he finds one soon because I really only want to work part time when I go back.  That would be an answered prayer because he will more than double his pay now!  We are on a budget but occasionaly have "spare" cash and get to do fun things but we are most home all the time.

isell_avon
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:08 AM

bump

Lizj4
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I have 4 kids and I'm a SAHM. We don't have the nicest of stuff and we rarely by new clothes for any of us. Most of the time it's thrift stores or consignments shops or I make their clothes. We live on a very strict budget. If we can't afford it we don't get it. We don't go out to eat unless it's a birthday or anniversary and even the. We have saved up for that occasion. I make a menu and we stick only to that and we don't make random trips to the store. Our kids do go to private school but there are things that get sacrificed to do that. We don't go to the movies and we try to do as much fee or cheep stuff as possible. My husband and I feel very strongly about me staying home. I'm their mother and I'm the only one qualified(other than daddy) to raise our children. It is very possible. If staying home matters more than working you will find a way to either make the extras work or just live without them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hance6
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I have 4 children, and am a sahm, up til 4 years ago, DH was making 6 figures and we didn't have car payments,, and mortgage was only $276/mo but since then his company went bankrupt and he had to find new work.  He is now managing a store that has about 20 employees, so we are making so much less and had to relocate so we have our mortgage on previous home and rent on our new home.  Things are very tight, but we are sliding by.  I do the coupons, and we don't ever go out to eat, and we still get to do fun things with the kids, just ones that don't cost, like taking a bike ride, having a picnic, going up to the park and play baseball, etc... I desperately want to work, but still have my almost 3 yr old home.  The other 3 are in school full-time.  By the time I got a part time job that pays minimum wage, and I pay for daycare for 3 yr old I wouldn't make anything.  Really interested in starting Home Daycare, but need landlords permission:-)  Will pray your DH finds a position, I would think in that field you chances are pretty good for we rely so much on computers these days!

Momof2almost
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My oldest is in private school as well and it does require sacrifice to make that happen but I love his school and will do everything in my power to keep him there and allow my youngest to be able to go the same school.  If I had the patience to homeschool I might try that but I really do not have the patience. 

Momof2almost
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Quoting hance6:

I have 4 children, and am a sahm, up til 4 years ago, DH was making 6 figures and we didn't have car payments,, and mortgage was only $276/mo but since then his company went bankrupt and he had to find new work.  He is now managing a store that has about 20 employees, so we are making so much less and had to relocate so we have our mortgage on previous home and rent on our new home.  Things are very tight, but we are sliding by.  I do the coupons, and we don't ever go out to eat, and we still get to do fun things with the kids, just ones that don't cost, like taking a bike ride, having a picnic, going up to the park and play baseball, etc... I desperately want to work, but still have my almost 3 yr old home.  The other 3 are in school full-time.  By the time I got a part time job that pays minimum wage, and I pay for daycare for 3 yr old I wouldn't make anything.  Really interested in starting Home Daycare, but need landlords permission:-)  Will pray your DH finds a position, I would think in that field you chances are pretty good for we rely so much on computers these days!

Thank you so much, prayers are ALWAYS welcome!  If it weren't for him I would have tossed my computer out the front door a long time ago!  lol  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)