Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When to pierce ears?

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM
  • 37 Replies

I am a mommy to a beautiful 11wk old baby girl. I want to get her ears pierced. I need to know when it's safe. I don't want to do it too soon. Also, she was a preemie. Born at 35wks. She has already had her 2month vaccinations. Also, when I take her, is it going to hurt her very bad? I plan on nursing her asap after they're done. Any advice? Thanks! 

breastfeeding

by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenzismommy09
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM
I wanted to get my daughters done at 6weeks but my husband was deployed and we wanted to do it together so we did them at 6 months. She did really great and never messed with them. We had them done at walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM
One of my best friends just had her dd's ears done. She was 10 weeks old. She cried when they did them but my bff nursed her and she quieted right down.

I did my girls' at around 18 months, but I plan to do this baby's at 12 weeks. 8 more weeks to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Oh, she had her dd's done at Merle Norman (she used to work there); I had my girls' done by their pedi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahbeth2852
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

Oh, she had her dd's done at Merle Norman (she used to work there); I had my girls' done by their pedi.

If I want my pediatrician to do it, does that mean I have to get my own piercing gun and everything. I mean, it's not normally something that a dr office is ready to do on regular basis, is it?

Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM
I personally wouldn't do them at such a young age. I'd wait a few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 17, 2012 at 1:28 AM
My mom had mine done at my pedi's office, too, which is how I knew they do it. They use a needle. I just provided earrings.

Quoting sarahbeth2852:

Quoting Lorelai_Nicole:

If I want my pediatrician to do it, does that mean I have to get my own piercing gun and everything. I mean, it's not normally something that a dr office is ready to do on regular basis, is it?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I don't have a daughter :) here's a bump!

SoLuckysAngel
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:57 AM
My daughter got hers done at 4 months old and has never messed with them at all. She cried for a very short time with each ear and we never had any issues after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizyari
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:00 AM
I did my twins girls when they had 4 months. The lady in the hair style salon, had everything, including a cream to make the pain..less :) and I gave them tylenol before everything started...everything went well, they cried a lit bit but when the woman finished, she realized that the earings were not in the center :/ I told her to leave them like that, because I didn't want to hear them crying again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sstripedmonkey
by Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM
i agree i used to pierce ears and couldnt bring myself to do young children. dd will probably be 5 before she gets em.

Quoting Turtledoves:

I personally wouldn't do them at such a young age. I'd wait a few years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN