Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

When to pierce ears?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am a mommy to a beautiful 11wk old baby girl. I want to get her ears pierced. I need to know when it's safe. I don't want to do it too soon. Also, she was a preemie. Born at 35wks. She has already had her 2month vaccinations. Also, when I take her, is it going to hurt her very bad? I plan on nursing her asap after they're done. Any advice? Thanks! 

breastfeeding

by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Replies (31-37):
yellownes8
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
If she has had her second round of shots then you should get them done ASAP. I got both of my girls done at 3 months old and they have never had a problem with them getting infected or playing with them. They are used to them being there now so they don't bother with them. They didn't cry anymore with ear piercing than they did with their shots.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Starleet
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I did my daughters at 6 months old. Her doctor recommended 4-6 months. That way they have had their shots and they don't mess with the earrings and you will be the one taking care of them so you don't have to worry about them not being cared for properly. My daughter wasn't bothered at all by getting them done. She started to make a lil whining sound then stopped. My so held her the whole time while I stood in front of her.

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

robibuni
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:22 PM
We pierce after 2 month vaccinations at pedi's office. We did this for DD1 and just haven't gotten around to doing it for DD2 yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I got DDs ears done not too long ago (she's 15 months old) I'm glad I got it done young so they don't remember the pain and she won't touch them. If I have another girl I get her ears done before she hits 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on May. 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally, we are waiting until our daughters decide they want them done. But if/when they do, we will be taking them to a piercing studio instead of a "mall" type place. I will only allow them to be pierced by sterile needles, not those awful guns!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Not until they are old enough to get it done by a professional. And not by a gun, but by a pro using a piercing needle.

Not in a mall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM
I think a child should choose when they want them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)