Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long did you rear face or child or how long do u plan to

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM
  • 362 Replies
1 mom liked this

my child is 17 months old and is rear facing still the law here says 1 year AND 20 pounds to forward face he meets requirments i just feel safer with him  rear facing a girl i went to school with has her 5 month old baby forward facing because the doctor said it was ok since he was 24 pounds this upsets me so bad but nothing i can do

by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:09 AM
I FF my DD when she turned 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy1990
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:12 AM
2 moms liked this

My son is 10 months, and 33 pounds, and 32 inches, hes a big boy. He had to buy him a forward facing carseat, which can be turned around as a rear facing carseat, but, we choose the forward facing because hes all smushed when its in the rear facing position. He doesn't fit basically. So we do the forward facing. We have been doing that since he was about 7 months. 

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:19 AM
24 moms liked this
My youngest is also very large (32 pounds at 15 months), so I bought him an appropriate car seat to keep him rear facing until he's at least 2.
The "big baby" argument for early forward facing is crap. It's sad parents won't do the right thing for their children without lawmakers enacting babysitter laws :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I keep them rfing as long as possible. my middle dd was rfing till 3&1/2 weighed 39lbs and was 40in tall (the max for her seat) when I turned her ffing. My ydd is 21 months old and will be rfing for a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
He is big but there is no need for him to be ffing. He can't be squished up at that length. My ds rode backwards comfortably at 44inches tall. My dd rode rfing till 40in. Neither was squished at all and even said (because they were 3&4) they liked it better cuz when they're ffing and their legs hang they fall asleep and hurt. When they're rfing they're propped up comfortably against the seat or criss cross or frogy. Your ds needs to legally still be rfing and for safety definitely needs it too.

Quoting mummy1990:

My son is 10 months, and 33 pounds, and 32 inches, hes a big boy. He had to buy him a forward facing carseat, which can be turned around as a rear facing carseat, but, we choose the forward facing because hes all smushed when its in the rear facing position. He doesn't fit basically. So we do the forward facing. We have been doing that since he was about 7 months. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:27 AM
4 moms liked this
You can notify the police. It's illegal for a baby under one year to ride forward facing.

Quoting evans_mommy1114:

my child is 17 months old and is rear facing still the law here says 1 year AND 20 pounds to forward face he meets requirments i just feel safer with him  rear facing a girl i went to school with has her 5 month old baby forward facing because the doctor said it was ok since he was 24 pounds this upsets me so bad but nothing i can do

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceemuhreeashbee
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this
DS is 23 months and still RF. We'll most likely turn him around at 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy1990
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:31 AM

He is squished up though. I don't know what kind of carseat you had, but ours, hes squished up in it. 

Quoting novachick:

He is big but there is no need for him to be ffing. He can't be squished up at that length. My ds rode backwards comfortably at 44inches tall. My dd rode rfing till 40in. Neither was squished at all and even said (because they were 3&4) they liked it better cuz when they're ffing and their legs hang they fall asleep and hurt. When they're rfing they're propped up comfortably against the seat or criss cross or frogy. Your ds needs to legally still be rfing and for safety definitely needs it too.

Quoting mummy1990:

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on May. 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM
8 moms liked this
I RF my kiddos as long as possible. Lexie made it to 4yrs 5mos; Kiki 4yrs 4mos; and Sarah 4yrs 1mo. Harm and Charlotte will RF to 4yrs MINIMUM as long as they follow the growth trends of their sisters.

Now I will back out of this post before I get irritated. I cannot STAND the excuses people make to RF early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjenn84
by on May. 21, 2012 at 2:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Dd1 & dd2 went ffibg at 1 & 20 because I didn't know any better. Ds is 28mths and will ff probably at least 3, maybe sooner but doubtful. Our baby due in July will rf until at least 2 1/2-3. I feel that to turn my child sooner, just because my state is too far behind the research, that im endangering them and my job is to NOT do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)