Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

1 year old interested in moms breast?

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • 7 Replies

My 1 year old always squeezes and picks at my breasts. I haven't breast fed him since he was 1 month old. I don't know what he wants with them? Is this normal? Should I correct him or is this his nature?

by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on May. 22, 2012 at 9:44 AM
My son did the same. Its natural. I just told him it hurts when he did it, and he stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acryforhelp
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I do tell him that lol. He does stop it's just weird. He's obsessed with his body too. He always in looking at his belly and squeezing it like he's embarassed and looking at his belly button

lauratupper
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM

It's a normal thing.

sqrocket
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:06 AM

He is probably just exploring bodies. All that stuff is new to him and he finally has the necessary dexterity to check it out. I would correct him though. That is not something that he should do to others.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on May. 22, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I think it's just because they're there, lol. Sounds normal.

hfs1998
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM

It is normal.  I would definitely correct him though because you don't want him exposing you!  I have seen it more in babies who weren't breastfed or only for a short time - maybe that is just my experience though.  My kids never went through that and I always wondered if it was because they were nursed and had no curiosity about that.

louzannalady
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:30 AM

DS does it to me and he's 16 months old. Of course, we nurse until 13.5 months. It used to bother me, then he did it to DH the other day! I just about died laughing because of my husband's reaction! Lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN