Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Finally home from the hospital a proud mama but soon stressed

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son was born Sunday night at 6:18pm he weighed 6lb 8oz I named him zayden William he's amazing and soooo beautiful my mom is in town for a while to help me out

The vent: my mom was a young mom as well and I know she's just trying to help but she wants to do everything for me and wants to tell me how to do everything else I'm not in experienced around babies at all and I have certain ways I wana do things but she keeps pushing her ideas on me and honestly I'm starting to feel like its her kid more than mine.... She's grabbed him out of my hands a few times and I'm going to go nuclear on her very soon! I've been extremely emotional Sence Monday night! When my son was born he came out with one of his arms right after his head and he tore me In three different places so I'm in a lot of pain! And my son is a screamer oh man does he have some lungs in him I'm exhausted and his screaming is making me so much more emotional! Idk I gues I'm just very over whelmed
Keep me in ur thoughts and prayers in struggling right now to maintain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mrs.Velasquez
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Congrats momma!! I'm sorry your mom is giving u a hard time but just remember she'll be gone soon. Don't let it get to u and enjoy ur little boy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on May. 23, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Congrats on your little one! Try to stay calm and enjoy your little one. I think everyone gets a little carried away when there is a new baby around because they are so lovable and everyone wants to care for them. If it bothers you just try to explain how you would like to bond with him some more and get used to things since you are his momma. :)

http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

kblpooh
by Krista on May. 23, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Congratulations! The first 2 weeks is always the hardest trying to adjust. It will easier. Tell your mom how you are feeling and ask her to respect your wishes. Also, have you tried swaddling him? That might help him feel more secure and may help with the screaming. It helped with my son. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gizmo538
by on May. 23, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Take advantage of the fact that your Mom wants to do everything for you. It sounds like you need plenty of rest while you recover and you won't be getting much of that when your Mom is gone. Sorry if it seems she's stepping on your toes where your son is concerned. Maybe sit down and talk to her calmly about it and tell her how you feel?

erikays
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM
Take advantage of the help! Maybe talk to her about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Alot of that is emotions. My advice is this, let her help you! Trust me, there will come a time when you want her help and that way you dont feel so overwhelmed. Also when she offers unsolicited advice, just say something like "Thanks mom Ill consider it" or "maybe next time" etc.... She really is just trying to help so dont push her away. Also, there is no shame in telling anyone about your feelings and it will make you feel better. My mom was fantastic, sure she gives me advice that I dont ask for BUT she has been a great source of support through some pretty rough times. Congrats mama!!!

sparklebug86
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

yes try to swaddle him! Take a look at this site, it helped us through some very rough days! The swaddle is amazing and you can find them at target now

http://www.miracleblanket.com/

Quoting kblpooh:

Congratulations! The first 2 weeks is always the hardest trying to adjust. It will easier. Tell your mom how you are feeling and ask her to respect your wishes. Also, have you tried swaddling him? That might help him feel more secure and may help with the screaming. It helped with my son. Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
smorekids
by on May. 23, 2012 at 7:34 AM
Maybe tell her that you are glad that she is there to help but there are somethings that you want to figure out on your own. Afterall how did she learn to become a mom if she didn't learn things on her own? Tell her that her advice is welcomed but that doesn't mean that you will take it & use it. And lastly enjoy the help! Ask her to do the dishes, laundry, ect. Afterall she is there to help right?! I regret not asking for that kind of help when it was offered. :) Oh and congrats on your baby boy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN