Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

feels like my baby is slow with her milestones advise?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 15 Replies

i feel like my daughter is a little slow in her milestones.

she hates tummy time, she was doing good with lifting her head, now she wont do it AT ALL.

she dont grab toys yet, and her head control isent that well :(

she just start to lift her head up when shes laying flat, like head to tummy.

i had her at 37 weeks from emergency csection bc of preeclampsia, she was 5 pounds 9 oz. shes only 10 pounds right now an she turned 4 months sunday, she also has very bad acid relfux,

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nuncius
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi,

You should see your pedetrician to make sure everything is ok.

I think it's normal for pre term babies to be a little bit late compare to the others. My daughter had a very bad acid reflux too and she's now 8 month and she's still a little bit late on sitting up compare to the others.

melindabelcher
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I don't see any red flags. she wasnt preterm, her weight it's within expected range, she isn't "advanced" with her milestones but shes not behind either.
All my kiddos hated tummy time. I never forced them. Just play with her and enjoy her. If your really concerned you can talk to the dr or get an evaluation by an early intervention program.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Every baby develops at their own pace.

My son was born at 37 weeks via emergency c section due to pre e. my placenta abrupted before I could be induced at 38 weeks. He was born 6 pounds 3 oz. he's been on track milestone wise. At 4 months he could lift his head etc. he hated tummy time too. We did tummy time, supervised, on the couch or bed. He loved it. He hated the floor. He's almost 11 months now and is cruising every where.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I agree.

Quoting melindabelcher:

I don't see any red flags. she wasnt preterm, her weight it's within expected range, she isn't "advanced" with her milestones but shes not behind either.
All my kiddos hated tummy time. I never forced them. Just play with her and enjoy her. If your really concerned you can talk to the dr or get an evaluation by an early intervention program.

Candace8609
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM
my first ds was VERY slow at alot of things. he hated tummy time, so i never rarly did tummy time w him. bad, i know :( he was around 8 months when he army crawled, about 14 months when he started crawling/pulling up and at 16 months, he started walking. but now hes 2.5 years old, counts down from 5, counts up to 11 and can say his abc's :) try not to worry to much. some thing that helped me out was parents as teachers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JabM
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Don't be concerned my son hated tummy time I never pushed him, he started crawling at 10 months while my  sister in laws daughter started at 7 months!, every baby is different also remember she was born at 37 weeks so don't worry she'll get there.

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

i would talk to her pediactrician. Nothing sounds too bad but at 4 months she should have good head control and she should be starting to grab for toys

Beccahairlady
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:27 PM

This.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

i would talk to her pediactrician. Nothing sounds too bad but at 4 months she should have good head control and she should be starting to grab for toys

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I had a child who was slow with milestones as a baby but she was just slow. She is now a smart, bright and totally normal little girl : ) If you are worried talking to your pedi is best.

Ajohnson2334
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

My son HATED tummy time - until around 5 months - he walked by 9, so I wouldn't worry quite yet, however you can always talk to your pedi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)