Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

At 3 months is your baby sleeping through the night w/ no feeding??

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:37 AM
  • 38 Replies

My daughter has been diagnosed w/ acid reflux so her ped put her on prevacid which totally changed her into a happy baby!! My question is she is sleepig maybe 5 hrs now but she wont sleep in her crib shes in a co-sleeper next to me. I want to put her in the ctib and have her fall asleep on her own but she crys n i feel terrible. Do you let them cry it out for maybe 15-20 until they tire themselves out , but longer of course you pick them up. when she does sleep w/ me she still is wking up 1-3 times for feeding and screams untill that bottle is in her mouth. I want to put her ona schedule w/ feefing, sleeping, etc.. help how can i do this w/o her screaming ??

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crysjuls
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM
My 2yr old was breastfed and he still wakes up in the middle of the night. Lol I think some babies are just like that. They want to make sure mommy is still there. :)

I dont believe in cio, btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisterandMe
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:43 AM

My daughter is three months and she sleeps in her bassinet, and she no longer wakes at night for feedings.

mommy_4509
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:45 AM
Try naps in the crib first . I let my DD cry for 10-15 min or until she starts really screaming then I go get her . But her transition from sleeping next to me to putting her in the crib was easier around 5 months .
But deffinitly try naps first .
My DD who's 6 months she's been sleeping through the night since she was 4 days old . And she's breastfed . I know most breastfed babies co-sleep but I'm not comfortable having her in bed with me . I roll to much .

Make sure when u lay her down she's had cuddle time with you , her belly is full , and she's been changed . After that most times if there tired they will cry til they fall asleep or there wanting to be held . ( if there's nothing wrong )

Hope this helps ( good luck ) also crying it out for a few min won't hurt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM
My first three kids were sleeping 6 hours straight at night by 3 months. But, I've been told they were weird, lol.

I've never really had a problem with my kids sleeping in their cribs. They started out in a bassinet in my room, but away from the bed. After 3-ish months I moved them to their crib in their bedroom. I have never co-slept with my babies, because I don't want to go through the mutual hell of transitioning them to their own beds. (I never co-slept by choice, anyway. When my oldest dd was a baby she had to sleep with me from 10mo to 3.5yrs. Getting her into her room was hell on earth, I kid you not.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisterandMe
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM

Maybe give her a warm bath right before bed, Try the Johnson's Night Time bath wash and lotion..I believe it works..Then feed her and lay her down in her crib..If she gets fussy or starts crying try giving her a paci. Keep trying the same routine every night, She will catch on :)

chelsielove2
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:53 AM
My definition of sleeping through the night and the doctors definitions are different. My son goes to bed around 8 (he's 3 months) and he doesn't wake up to eat until 4 or 5 but I'm pushing for 8 to 8... my daughter was doing it by 11 weeks but he's a much bigger baby so it makes sense to me that he's still needing to eat in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Waking at night is a SIDS defense so its normal. She is pretty young to CIO. Try naps in the crib first maybe.

I cosleep and breastfeed my 9 month old around the clock every 3 hours so I'm not much help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mesasmommie
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I give mesa naps in her crib.. Im still uncomfortable with putting her in her crib at night I like having her right next to me. shes almost 4 mo old

louzannalady
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It is biologically expected that they will not sleep through the night for about a year or maybe six months. Dr. Ferber doesn't even recommend using his CIO method until six months. I promise, once baby has the physical and mentally ability to sleep through the night without a feeding, they will- and there is nothing that you can safely do to rush that milestone. Babies are not supposed to sleep for very long stretches at this point and the ones that DO are at a much higher risk of dying of SIDS. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

KMadsen
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Crying to help strengthen their lungs is an old wives tale & not  true at all.

Quoting mommy_4509:

Try naps in the crib first . I let my DD cry for 10-15 min or until she starts really screaming then I go get her . But her transition from sleeping next to me to putting her in the crib was easier around 5 months .
But deffinitly try naps first .
My DD who's 6 months she's been sleeping through the night since she was 4 days old . And she's breastfed . I know most breastfed babies co-sleep but I'm not comfortable having her in bed with me . I roll to much .

Make sure when u lay her down she's had cuddle time with you , her belly is full , and she's been changed . After that most times if there tired they will cry til they fall asleep or there wanting to be held . ( if there's nothing wrong )

Hope this helps ( good luck ) also crying it out for a few min won't hurt bc them crying is helping stengthen their lungs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)