Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How does everyone feel about...

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 67 Replies

this new fad of tutus and headbands with GIGANTIC bows? Personally, I think it's mildly ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I love little bows and headbands for my daughter; I'm just talking about the huge ones that are like the size of the baby's head...

I'm not bashing; I have nothing against people who like them, I'm just asking for opinions as to whether you like them and maybe what you think is cute about them.

Thanks, all. :)

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Starleet
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I absolutely love the tutu's and we have a ton of headbands, clips, and bows. I don't buy the really big ones though.

Check out my nail blog! http://marcisnails.blogspot.com/

robibuni
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM
I have two DDs. I didn't put headbands and bows on the first and I haven't with the second. I guess I just don't care enough.

As far as tutus go...meh. I made DD1 her own around Christmas and it gets worn maybe once every few months? Not gonna bother with DD2.

Guess you could say I'm not into the fad...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I really dislike it.
It seems like people are trying to make a kid cute with stuff and hide that they aren't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kturn08
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I love headbands on my girl, but small little bows or flowers. I just don't get the point of the big giant ones, I guess. I would never put a tutu on her. Unless she decides she wants to do ballet or something haha.

Quoting robibuni:

I have two DDs. I didn't put headbands and bows on the first and I haven't with the second. I guess I just don't care enough.

As far as tutus go...meh. I made DD1 her own around Christmas and it gets worn maybe once every few months? Not gonna bother with DD2.

Guess you could say I'm not into the fad...

alandou
by April on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I never did like the gigantic bows or flowers on a baby's head. just doesnt look right to me. 

AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I love them. The headband my daughter is wearing in my profile pic is my favorite. I have a ton of them in every color. :)
brittanyx22
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:48 AM
I think they are beyond ridiculous. I will never put my daughter in either!
erikays
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't mind tutu's, its the over the top flower bows I dislike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melindabelcher
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:11 AM
I never put them on dd1 when she was little but now shes 2.5 and she wants to wear dresses and hair prettys all day every day. She had to wear jeans yesterday cause it was cold and my husband kept looking from me to her and said you actually got jeans on her? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Not a fan at all.  If I had a daughter, I wouldn't put  them on her head. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)