Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What can I give my 1 year old daughter for cough, sneezing, runny nose, and congestion?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

My daughter has  been under the weather for the last two days. She has a horrible cough, sneezing alot, runny runny nose, and congestion. I dont know what to give her? I bought Kroger brand Childrens mucus relief and dont know how much I can give her. Help please

by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Cool mist humidifier for her room and eucalyptus oil mixed with unscented baby lotion to rub on her chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:34 PM
My pediatrician told me childrens zyrtec. But half the dose.
She said that's completely safe and effective. That's what I have ds after he had had his cold/flu for two weeks. Instantly cleared up. Well the symptoms anyway. It still took a couple of days for the cold to vanish completely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Burge
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM
And this. This only helped with my sons congestion though. That's why I asked our pedi about medicines otc for colds at his age.

Quoting TiffanyMarie80:

Cool mist humidifier for her room and eucalyptus oil mixed with unscented baby lotion to rub on her chest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.love.my.life
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Benadryl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caseyloo
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
You can't give a baby any kind of cold meds. Try a humidifier and a little baby vicks
youngmami07
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Its usually about 2yrs there's cold medicine you can give a child... Just let the cold run its course. Use saline nasal spray for the congestion.
Heidinneil
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Thanks Tiff. I already have a humidifier up and running as well as vapor rub all over her! Now my son has it as well he is 3. I tried mucus relief and advil and humidifier. I think i might try benadryl it seems to be sinus issue and congestion.

LyTe684
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM
I wouldn't take any advice from here other than saline and a humidifier. Call her doc or a medical professional. One is very young for meds. Especially one that want prescribed for said child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ty355172
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Meds arent effective this young....try cool mist humidifier vicks or oil on thier chest. Fever reducer if there is a fever. Lots of fluids...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
The hylands cold and cough remedy is the only one I know of that is recommended for a child that young. Otherwise the humidifier and chest rub are about all you can do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)