Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Would you take your baby to a doctor with this name?

So I was recently looking for a new pediatrician for DS and I searched within a 10mile radius of my area code for a pediatrician. One came up at children's hospital named "Dr. Badcock" I couldn't help but giggle and look over it.

would you take your child to a doctor with that name? TBH it would make me feel uneasy...

Edit: to all those that are telling me to grow up. You can call me immature or whatever but not once did I saw I wouldn't pick him as my pediatrician. All I said it would make me feel easy. It would be extremely awkward for me. I don't pick my doctors based on the name, did you stop to thing that this guy might not be close enough to me to take my son there on a regular basis? And before you say "then don't look in a 10mile radius", I put in for a 5mile radius and it didn't bring anything up and when I set it to 10miles it ended up bring things up that could have been listed under 5miles. Like his doctor now that was only 3miles from my house
Way to be the stuck up CMs of this post:) everyone else had a giggle just as I did I guess they need to grow up too? Or you just need to get the stick out of your ass:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:22 PM
My sons pedi is dr. ege or E G. just a name, dsbpedi reminds me of egg. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:34 PM

lol, I would if he was a good doctor and one that I liked.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it would be a shame to just pass the doc over because of the name.  I would giggle...but I wouldn't take the doctor off my list.

IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I actually happen to know ob/gyns with the last names of Dick and Wang.  It's a fun night when Johnson works at the same time.  They do work on the same floor...it tends to give us a giggle.

angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Lol that would be a deciding factor for me, if that's what you're asking.

angela.bouchard
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:08 PM

wouldn't*

Quoting angela.bouchard:

Lol that would be a deciding factor for me, if that's what you're asking.

Kenzismommy09
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never choose my child's dr because his name, that's kinda petty. How the dr interacts with the child and how he cares for them is more important than a name someone can not control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah... Name doesn't matter as much as how good of a doctor they are...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's funny but I wouldn't turn the office down bc of it. When I had cancer the oncologist who helped save my life was Dr. Belch. A silly name but a great doctor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Lol!

Quoting IrishIz:

I actually happen to know ob/gyns with the last names of Dick and Wang.  It's a fun night when Johnson works at the same time.  They do work on the same floor...it tends to give us a giggle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN