Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

My Son Is Officially Enrolled!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 8 Replies

We went today and enrolled my son in school! He is officially a Pre-K student! We got all the paperwork and dress code stuff today. He will be wearing uniforms this year. Now we are waiting on the list of things he will need and chance to meet the teacher. 

There will be more updates as he gets closer to going... I am excited!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Congrats! and I'm also sorry. (I know that it can be a bittersweet moment.)

crabtreemommy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It is.. I have already had my good cry a couple weeks ago. I mean I bawled for an hr or two! Right now... Im excited. Im sure that I will be bawling again the first day!! And there WILL be a photo of his first day posted! :) 

mommyloveee
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My daughter has been super excited about going to school for quite some time now. She is always talking about needing a back-pack, and going to school like a big girl. Well the day of her birth day (June 6th), we officially enrolled her into preschool. 

Even though this is just proof that my baby girl is growing up, I am super excited for her. She doesn't interact with kids often (she is my only child, dad has 2 other daughters but she doesn't see them as often), so I know she is looking forward to getting out and having fun. I am really happy for her.

crabtreemommy
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:20 PM

My son is excited!! He loves this idea. Hopefully it wont change before the big day!

Quoting mommyloveee:

My daughter has been super excited about going to school for quite some time now. She is always talking about needing a back-pack, and going to school like a big girl. Well the day of her birth day (June 6th), we officially enrolled her into preschool. 

Even though this is just proof that my baby girl is growing up, I am super excited for her. She doesn't interact with kids often (she is my only child, dad has 2 other daughters but she doesn't see them as often), so I know she is looking forward to getting out and having fun. I am really happy for her.

erikays
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:51 AM
How exciting! Is he ready to go?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM
He says he is! He seemed so excited about being at the school yesterday... And all we got to do is do paperwork. I was hoping they would give us more info like what he needs to start school with and show us where his room would be. Guess I'll have to ask when they come back to prepare if it's ok to make the trip to show my son around so he won't feel so lost on his first day. I had so many questions but when I came back, the girl who knew everything wasn't there. Just the kinda clueless lady. I still have one forum that the kinda clueless lady said I need filled out by my sons dr...but the first lady who knew how everything worked said I could fill it all out there in the office. So now I don't know about that paper. I have to wait until August to ask about it.... I might pay the 10 dollars and get it filled out anyways. Just to be safe.

I just want everything to be right and perfect for his first day and first week there. My only concern is my sons behavior. He loves to do what he wants and lately hasn't been following directions for me very well. He also tries to be funny for extra attention and when in trouble he will try to be either sweet and loving or funny to try and get out of it. I have plenty to work on with him this summer. I just hope I can break all his bad habits in time. I really don't want him getting into too much trouble.

Quoting erikays:

How exciting! Is he ready to go?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

That is very exciting! I enrolled my son in kindergarten right before school got out a few weeks ago. I am so stinking excited for him. I can't wait to get all of his supplies and new school clothes. He loves school so I am really happy for him.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Awh! It really is exciting when your babies turn into school aged big kids, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN