Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Planning bday party- Question about 1 year olds

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 9 Replies
Do they still like to chew paper? My dd is almost 9 months and she's been a paper eating book chewer since...I don't remember when. I want to know if they will try to eat big origami animals? I don't care if they rip them or squish them, but I don't want to create an unsafe baby zone. Thanks for any insight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

my daughter is 13 months and eats EVERYTHING...im constantly having to watch her because she will put everything in there

shellyote
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Sigh. I can't wait to throw crafty bday parties. I guess I'll have to make sure the decorations are out of reach and be pretty minimal. Its probably a good thing- less stress.
I'm really looking forward to getting through a book with her too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 4:23 AM

my ds is 2 and sometimes still chews on paper, he is more interested in ripping it up, but he'll still try to eat it.

erikays
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:13 AM
Babies will put everything in their mouths lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:12 AM

Yup........my daughter ate EVERYTHING!  We called her a 'goat' for a long while.  She's finally out of that phase tho...........

jessicaaris
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:14 AM

My kids were never really paper eaters so much I worried about it. Every now and then my 20 month old will get some paper in her mouth but it is rare. I am not sure about other kids though.

abbysmommy429
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM
I hope the paper eating phase ends soon! Will is 9 1/2 months and puts everything in his mouth; it's so stressful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellyote
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Today I had to take little tiny pebbles out of her mouth. I thought I could hold her and pull a little bit of weeds. What I don't get is when she knows I'm trying to prevent her from eating BAD things she will close her mouth and get this funny little grin. Shouldn't she have instincts to listen to me on that stuff? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Meh, I think it depends on the kid. Mine never did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN