Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Organic?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

In the next few weeks I'll be starting my little guy on solids and I want to make all my baby food.

Any thoughts on organic veggies / fruits versus just ordinary?  I personally don't eat organic but is it worth it to buy organic veggies / fruits for my son?

Thanks!

Victoria

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:31 PM

It's up to you.  I made all my own puree's with organic fruits and veggies.  I prefer organic mostly just because they taste better  :)

BlessedToBeMe
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Look up the dirty dozen for fruits/veggies, I would at least use organic for those choices when making baby food:)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I buy from the local farmer's market : )

storkradio193
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:43 PM

It's up to you.  You could look up the fruit/veggies that have the most pesticides used on them and buy organic for those.  I think strawberries and bell peppers are two that require a lot of pesticides.  I don't buy organic in general, but lean toward buying for certain organic foods at times.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Well of course organic naturally are better because they don't have any chemicals sprayed on them, however there haven't been any studies showing that there is any health difference between the two.

gottadance
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Au contraire! There are many studies showing that children have lots of chemicals in their blood due to exposure from nonorganic foods. I would never give a baby nonorganics. 

lauratupper
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Quoting BlessedToBeMe:

Look up the dirty dozen for fruits/veggies, I would at least use organic for those choices when making baby food:)

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:06 AM
If you can afford organic, why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM
^^ agree :]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Its just what we all use. We have our own garden. I personally think it tastes better and there are not any chemicals on them. We also get fresh eggs and meat from a friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)