Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Should i be worried about her breathing?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
My lil girl is 2 weeks old today and at times she breaths really heavy. She did it in the hospital but they said it was because she was under the billy light. But she is still doing it. Alot of our family has aksed why she is breathing so heavy. She doesnt do it all the time but it does happen alot. Im starting to get a lil worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xomrs.chase
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Bump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:44 PM
not sure what's up, but if you are worried about it and if she sleeps in her own bassinet/crib, you could always get an Angelcare monitor at Walmart for about $60. I know it's a little high, but I promise it gave me such a peace of mind at night, not always worried about SIDS. What it does is monitors all movements your baby makes, including breathing. If your baby has no movement for 20 seconds, it sounds the alarm, which sounds similar to a smoke alarm. If you ever did have a SIDS event, it would give you enough time to come to the rescue before it was too late.
TrentonGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM
If she doesnt sleep with me she sleeps in her swing. I dont feel safe laying her on her back cause she spits up and it chokes her.

Quoting mommy2b39465:

not sure what's up, but if you are worried about it and if she sleeps in her own bassinet/crib, you could always get an Angelcare monitor at Walmart for about $60. I know it's a little high, but I promise it gave me such a peace of mind at night, not always worried about SIDS. What it does is monitors all movements your baby makes, including breathing. If your baby has no movement for 20 seconds, it sounds the alarm, which sounds similar to a smoke alarm. If you ever did have a SIDS event, it would give you enough time to come to the rescue before it was too late.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cass3107
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Does your baby have a cough as well?  

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Babiea tend to gasp alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2b39465
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM

yeah, I know they say to do back sleeping, however one of mine had probably 4 or 5 SIDS scares while on his back, so we started letting them sleep on their tummies and haven't had a scare since. I would be much more cautious with tummy sleeping if I didn't have my monitors, though.

(a note for the above: it wasn't an OMG rush him to the hospital SIDS scare, it was just that I guess he'd get into such a deep sleep that he wouldn't breathe for 20, 30 seconds. All we had to do was go in and startle him and he was good again.)

Quoting TrentonGirl:

If she doesnt sleep with me she sleeps in her swing. I dont feel safe laying her on her back cause she spits up and it chokes her.

Quoting mommy2b39465:

GE1
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I have a crib wedge but when my DS was younger and had his reflux problem we put 2 in there so he was lying with his head higher

TrentonGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
She doesnt gasp. She just breaths really heavy and fast.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Babiea tend to gasp alot

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrentonGirl
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM
No she doesnt have a cough.

Quoting Cass3107:

Does your baby have a cough as well?  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nellyb118
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Both my babies did that when they were newborns. Mention it at her next appt for peace of mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)