Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

car seat safety

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM
  • 5 Replies
I wanted to ask this outside the car seat forum.
How many of you did any research on the car seat/booster seat that you bought? If so what was it? Did you listen to word of mouth or a specific website?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama_girl07
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I started researching car seats with my second baby. With my first i thought that you had to turn them at 1 yrs old. When i was researching seats for my youngest i came across all the info for rear facing and I turned my oldeast back around right after my youngest born. I have researched every seat since then. read reviews from reputable sites and gone to look at them in person. Remember 75% of seats are installed and used incorrectly so you dont want to read jsut any reviews. i find the msot reputable ones are in the car seat safety group here, car-seat.org and carseatblog.com because they actually knwo what they are talking about :)

Mom to Addilynn ,3 and Emmalynn ,5 . Proud supporter of ERF and EH.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I read reviews on various car safety boards, talked to a CPST or two, read lots of statistics and measurements and the like, I compiled some of it into a blog post (http://apbandme.blogspot.com/2012/04/car-seats.html)...compared the babycenter recommended list to the carseatblog.com's recommended list, asked tons of questions, played with and installed seats in my car at TRU/BRU and Burlington..

mommaJewels2011
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Omg! Car-seat.org, there's an app for that! Lol. Thanks

Quoting mama_girl07:

I started researching car seats with my second baby. With my first i thought that you had to turn them at 1 yrs old. When i was researching seats for my youngest i came across all the info for rear facing and I turned my oldeast back around right after my youngest born. I have researched every seat since then. read reviews from reputable sites and gone to look at them in person. Remember 75% of seats are installed and used incorrectly so you dont want to read jsut any reviews. i find the msot reputable ones are in the car seat safety group here, car-seat.org and carseatblog.com because they actually knwo what they are talking about :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgalvano
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

i listened to everyone and went to the health department to make sure that it was safe.

mjimaging
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I asked in the carseat group and they helped me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN